Mayor Eric Adams: King of NY Official Thread

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Because as an Adult you should remember peer pressure is a bytch, no parent should have to bury their kid because all kids do fukking stupid shyt including the smart ones, and some damn human empathy.

Darwin awards are given to adults, when it’s kids you should take it for granted they are dumb as fukk because the vast majority of kids are.
Or we could hold parents to a higher standard and tell them to tell their children NOT TO RIDE ON THE TOP OF THE TRAINS

How did we get here? Kids eating Tide Pods? Train Surfing resurgence??

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Or we could hold parents to a higher standard and tell them to tell their children NOT TO RIDE ON THE TOP OF THE TRAINS

How did we get here? Kids eating Tide Pods? Train Surfing resurgence??
Bro parents work hard as fukk, to raise their kids right but when they go to work and these kids are hanging out with their friends bad decisions are made. You don’t remember being a kid? My parents were great and all I did was get into shyt because I wanted to be cool, or impress a girl, or some other dumb reason.

Kids and teenagers are fukking stupid the majority of the time

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Bro parents work hard as fukk, to raise their kids right but when they go to work and these kids are hanging out with their friends bad decisions are made. You don’t remember being a kid? My parents were great and all I did was get into shyt because I wanted to be cool, or impress a girl, or some other dumb reason.

Kids and teenagers are fukking stupid the majority of the time
I been telling you all for months, @ExodusNirvana is a decade away from being a proper conservative. He is already a reactionary Thinker. Idk what happened in his life, but this pivot is wild to see in real time.

Drake's Tan

All Star
Daps
When I was a kid, kids were doing this dumb shyt

Then it stopped. Now it's back.

Why? Why is it my folks told me, as a CHILD, not to ride on TOP OF THE fukkING TRAIN because you could fall off and die or hit your head and die, or DIE PERIOD...

But here in 2023, we have to expend time and energy to figure out "Gee why are these dumbass kids doing this??" when this is literally natural selection at work??
Did it ever really fully stop?

Maybe it slowed down, and I'm sure there was a period where there was a decrease in deaths. But IDK if no dumbass kids didn't do it at all for a period of time.

It does seem to be more popular now than a few years ago, so I'll agree that it's picked up.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I been telling you all for months, @ExodusNirvana is a decade away from being a proper conservative. He is already a reactionary Thinker. Idk what happened in his life, but this pivot is wild to see in real time.
This is the problem with you people in 2023

Anyone that is not lockstep in line with your thinking is Rush fukking Limbaugh :russ:

Accountability be damned, we gotta hold hands and march because people won't tell their kids not to ride on top of a fukking train??

Come on now, be real

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
This is the problem with you people in 2023

Anyone that is not lockstep in line with your thinking is Rush fukking Limbaugh :russ:

Accountability be damned, we gotta hold hands and march because people won't tell their kids not to ride on top of a fukking train??

Come on now, be real
I didn’t call you Rush Limbaugh. I called you a reactionary, which you are.

They are 14 years old and died doing something stupid. unless you lived in a bubble, we all could have died as kids doing something stupid.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I didn’t call you Rush Limbaugh. I called you a reactionary, which you are.

They are 14 years old and died doing something stupid. unless you lived in a bubble, we all could have died as kids doing something stupid.
My dude...at no point when I was a teenager did I even REMOTELY consider climbing on top of NYC subway train and riding it.

Ever.

It's an "issue" yes, but the pearl clutching is and should be insulting to my intelligence.

If wiping your ass too hard became a trend on Tik Tok would we have to have a fukking Town Hall on toilet paper usage because some 14 year olds started doing it?

You old enough to not stick a fork in an electrical outlet but not smart enough to not ride on the top of a train?

I'm supposed to take it easy cause some of you have kids and it "hits home"??

At SOME point our society needs to take step back and ask ourselves: What the fukk are we doing here??

Neither this nor a lot of positions I have, makes me a "conservative"

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
My dude...at no point when I was a teenager did I even REMOTELY consider climbing on top of NYC subway train and riding it.
The only way for a child to act reckless and endanger their life out of stupidity is riding on top of a train? You realize I said we all did stupid stuff. Thats not the only stupid thing to do as a child. You not even thinking straight. And you said “Darwin” while those kids parents and families have to live with their 14 year old child not being here anymore. You are a fukking reactionary.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Eric Adams’s Staff Used Coffee to Create Fake Photo of Fallen Cop: Report​

The mayor told the media about a cherished photo in his wallet, then made his staff create one to cover his tracks, according to The New York Times.​

47585db69444b9c95319ed60220fa93f3ce914f5.jpeg

MICHAEL M. SANTIAGO/GETTY IMAGES

Congressman George Santos has gotten all the attention for being the liar extraordinaire of New York’s political scene, but Mayor Eric Adams is giving him a run for his money.

The New York Times reports that Adams has misled the media about a photo of a fallen police officer that the mayor suggested he’s been carrying in his wallet for decades. In fact, Adams allegedly instructed his staff to print the image after he first alluded to it last year, as a way of covering his tracks.

The deception began in January 2022, after two NYC cops were killed in action. Adams told reporters of another officer who had faced a similar fate in 1987: his friend Robert Venable. “I still think about Robert,” Adams said at a City Hall press conference. “I keep a picture of Robert in my wallet.”

A week later, Adams posed for a photograph for the Times, holding said photo. And he has repeated the story over and over since, even showing his apparently long-held photo of Venable at a Police Academy ceremony last year.

“I carry around a picture of Robert Venable, my close friend, that was shot several years ago during my early days of police, and I always have Robert’s picture,” Adams said on News 12 last April. “The pain never dissipates.”

And apparently it’s all just a sham, the Times reports. According to close sources, Adams’s staffers were directed to produce the photo after the mayor’s news conference. They printed a black-and-white photo of Venable off of Google, and then made it look worn—even apparently splashing some coffee on it, to get that nice aged look.

“The Times’ efforts to attack the mayor here would be laughable if it were not so utterly offensive,” Adams spokesman Fabien Levy said in a statement on Wednesday, criticizing the newspaper’s reporting as part of a “campaign to paint the mayor as a liar.”

Levy did not, however, respond to any questions from the Times regarding the authenticity of the photo, or about whether it was manipulated to look older.

The tale adds to the long list of “contradictions,” as Politico calls them, or downright lies from Mayor Adams. He’s a self-proclaimed strict vegan who apparently also eats fish at high-end New York City restaurants. It wasn’t clear he actually lived in New York City when he running for mayor. He has said New York City schoolchildren “start their day going to the corner bodega buying cannabis and fentanyl,” and recently said that nearly half of the city’s hotel rooms were occupied by migrants, implying that asylum-seekers were hurting tourism.

And that’s just a taste of all the hyperbole or downright lies Adams has peddled—often for no apparent reason. “Stretching the truth in this context does question an elected official’s credibility, and that might be a problem for voters,” Betsy Gotbaum, executive director of Citizen Union, told the Times. “I don’t see why he does it. He doesn’t need to do it, so why does he do it?”

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Martin has had oversight over the jails at Rikers Island and elsewhere in the city, at a cost to taxpayers of about $20 million, since 2016. He was installed through a federal consent decree following a lawsuit over excessive violence and officer use of force.

And yet Martin has concluded that conditions at the jails have only gotten worse during his tenure, with average monthly use of force 131% higher than it was then, and annual injuries from uses of force skyrocketing from 74 in 2016 to 434 last year, according to his latest report. The average monthly rate of stabbings or slashings has also gone up 243% since 2016.

“Throughout the eight-year period, the jails’ safety has continued to deteriorate in an alarming fashion, producing negative outcomes that occur far more often than in 2016,“ Martin wrote.

Among the monitor’s other findings:
  • Department staff used “head strikes” against detainees nearly 400 times in 2022; the Los Angeles jail system, by comparison, had 52 head strikes during that time.

• In recent months nearly 60 staffers have been suspended for using head strikes, chokeholds, body slams, kicks, and racial slurs against detainees.

• Serious incidents, from deaths to stabbings, are not being promptly documented and reported up the chain of command, including a death that was reported 33 hours after the incident occurred.

• The monitor said the Department of Correction failed to follow a court order from nearly two years ago to improve security, citing continued observations of unsecured doors, officers abandoning posts, and improperly secured chemical spray.