Max Payne 3

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Doesn’t play the same at all. Loved Max Payne and its sequel, but the third game didn’t jibe with me at all. It lost the pulpy narrative, made the shooting mechanics too loose, and traded the gritty New York setting of the first two games for the jungles and favelas of Brazil. :yeshrug:
Agreed it wasn't the same but it was good for what it was. I felt mp2 wasn't as good as the original either...
The first PS3/Xbox game that felt like a next gen PS4 title IMO

For the Sony heads who never played it on xbox or PC... those versions would be the remastered versions you're waiting for (Tru Story) the ps2 version was a sack of shyt, night and day difference. I would pay full price for a remaster (not a remake, don't want MP3 visuals)
From what i read it took so much to do the sequels and 3 didnt sell enough...thats it yall
Rockstar stated before the game was released that they would need to sell 4 million copies to break even. Sales started slow... but they reached 4 million after one year. Since then the game has been heavily discounted ($5 or less) and i would be shocked if they didn't sell another 10 million copies that way. I think that game introduced the rage engine which has only lead to gta5, in fact gta took some of mp3's shooting mechanics.

If it doesn't get made, might be for the best. We all want max Payne 1 type gameplay and rockstar wanted to go in another direction. Remedy made the originals, anyone play control?

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Got this for free with Red Dead on PC a couple months back. It held up so well :banderas: