Matt Damon explains why the Movie scene is formulaic and mostly trash now.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Yup that's what he talking about. Entire genres basically died because studios determined they were no longer financially viable. Remember all the black coming of age films that used to come out every other year? Or the erotic thrillers of the 80s/90s. Now the only way you will see niche films like that is via a major young star like Zendaya or Jacob Elordi signing on.

Seems like this year a lot of different films have found success at the theater, hopefully that continues. But even now think about how many films do well and then 4-6 weeks later it's on streaming. That's insane to me.
They're spending big money to expect a big payoff.

Deadpool vs Wolverine is on track to make 1.2 Billion That is the new standard.

I saw this lovely foreign film with my ex about a Ship Captain and his wife.

shyt was great I still remember one line where the lady said I want you to ravage me like a thousand virgins

You'd have to see the movie for the context but she played him off and told him to link with his potential side bytch then she called him back and said that

Movie probably made 12 million globally.

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
The people that complain about "movies are not original anymore" don't go see the original movies when they are at the theater and put their money where their mouth is. They usually go see nothing but franchises and blockbusters. Then they "discover" the other movies when they hit streaming.