Master P and Baron Davis in Talks to Acquire Reebok

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
they done that more times than a major brand should and it hasn't helped... if you gonna start doing all that might as wells start a new brand

37187.jpg

reebok-logo-evolution.jpg
damn didn't know that
well he should still buy it

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was talking about market share more than profit. these companies used to lock down different areas so they amalgamated to gain market shares. Reebok was doing a lot of team equipment deals. had the NBA deal for a while. and a presence in hokey.

Reebok don't have a strong back catalogue of classics outside their domination of 80's aerobics and the Shaq, Allen Iverson eras. they are also not strong on new design. so they will continue to struggle. Nike let's converse have a rather broad access to their knowledge. the company has pivoted under them in contrast. Adidas has not done anything for Reebok. they have kept them operating the same. the failure is on them.
Nah. Reebok hasn't been anywhere near as profitable, that's why adidas has been shopping around for a buyer.

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
I was talking about market share more than profit. these companies used to lock down different areas so they amalgamated to gain market shares. Reebok was doing a lot of team equipment deals. had the NBA deal for a while. and a presence in hokey.

Reebok don't have a strong back catalogue of classics outside their domination of 80's aerobics and the Shaq, Allen Iverson eras. they are also not strong on new design. so they will continue to struggle. Nike let's converse have a rather broad access to their knowledge. the company has pivoted under them in contrast. Adidas has not done anything for Reebok. they have kept them operating the same. the failure is on them.

Accurate. :ehh:

The rebranding attempts never worked, Reebok still has that old apartheid stench. adidas wasn't about to sink money into design without that in place first. They gambled and it didn't work.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I'm pretty sure in order to secure that type of loan, you have to enough capital to where it's obvious you can pay it back. P and BD are at best worth $200 M combined(a majority is likely not liquid), why would a bank offer a multi-billion loan to them, when they don't even have 1/5 of the loan to make a down payment?

cash flow from the business would pay off the loan and the loan would likely be syndicated among several banks / lenders, so the risk is spread around.

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
cash flow from the business would pay off the loan and the loan would likely be syndicated among several banks / lenders, so the risk is spread around.

:mjlol: How long would it take for Reebok to sell a billion net profit?

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
:mjlol: How long would it take for Reebok to sell a billion net profit?
WhoTF knows. Doesn’t really matter anyway because most buyout debt is structured so that only quarterly interest payments are made along with small (3-5% of the loan) principal pay down. It’ll get refinanced out at the end of term. This stuff isn’t expected to get paid down unless it’s with new debt.