Master P and Baron Davis in Talks to Acquire Reebok

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Net sales of the Reebok brand worldwide 2006-2019 | Statista

Reebok generates about $2B in sales, I'm pretty sure P and BD don't have money to buy what is most likely a multi-billion dollar company. :patrice:

If they actually "buy Reebok", its most likely a Jay-Z BK Nets "ownership". This isn't news
Nah, you can finance a purchase like this over 10yrs. Then you just reup the profits against the loan. :wow:

Uber-rich people rarely buy these type of assets in cash because, their cash typically earns higher immediate returns elsewhere(stocks, bonds, multifamily, etc). Also, More liquidity is never a bad thing. :yeshrug:

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
What they not mentioning is who are the primary buyers they are hitching a ride with
I would like to know this too. I know Master P is one for the theatrics but he’s making it seem like this is a full black venture. It’s also not a good look to openly state that - probably ran into some resistance and is looking to get a press push. Like what Diddy tried to do when he tried to buy that NFL team he couldn’t afford.

But yeah he’s most likely partnering with non-blacks to secure this deal. His net worth isn’t enough by itself to justify him making this move alone.
depends on their interest and terms of the deal. either way, owning a stake as seemingly small as 3-5% of a company like reebok would be significant.
It really depends on the terms of the deal at the end of the day. Owning 3-5% of a company can come with serious restrictions for an unprepared buyer. And trust they will try to railroad any black man when it comes to corporate deals.

Last edited: