Massive Starfield info leak from dev at Era, Jason Schriere confirms its correct

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Technically any game engine could handle that if they decided to track each object. It just makes more sense to restore areas of the game world back to a target state for stability reasons to avoid some of the fukked up situations that happen in Bethesda games. Given the effort they could recreate that system in Unity or Unreal.
No they can’t. Obsidian talked about it. Using unreal is why the Outer worlds had separate levels and lots of load screens.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
No they can’t. Obsidian talked about it. Using unreal is why the Outer worlds had separate levels and lots of load screens.
I'd say that's a function of being unfamiliar with the engine and terribly unrealistic deadlines from managers :hubie:. When management doesn't let software engineers work through issues we get lackluster software, don't ask me how :hubie:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I'd say that's a function of being unfamiliar with the engine and terribly unrealistic deadlines from managers :hubie:. When management doesn't let software engineers work through issues we get lackluster software, don't ask me how :hubie:
Naw man different engines do different shyt.

Creation engine is unique in how it handles and catalogs different items and physics.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Naw man different engines do different shyt.

Creation engine is unique in how it handles and catalogs different items and physics.
I get that, but I'm saying that they can invest the time in recreating the system. It's not a technical limitation of the engine making it impossible, it's a time limitation imposed by managers.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I hate that Sony passed on them, I get it, they really need more multiplayer right now and God knows how much money it will cost to move all Bethesda's work to modern engines like UE5

You wouldn't wanna play this game on a console anyways. Bethesda RPGs are always best on PC due to the amount of mods that completely change the game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
6e7bns.jpg

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
They did, supposedly starfield is running on “Creation 2”
@Gizmo_Duck ain't shyt, but he's right :yeshrug:. Creation 2 is going to be more of the same. Unless they rewrote that thing from the ground up I fully expect the same types of issues. The game will probably be beautiful (if it ain't after all these years :francis: ) but it's going to have the typical jank we've seen the past like 20 years. At this point they really gotta show that things have changed.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
@Gizmo_Duck ain't shyt, but he's right :yeshrug:. Creation 2 is going to be more of the same. Unless they rewrote that thing from the ground up I fully expect the same types of issues. The game will probably be beautiful (if it ain't after all these years :francis: ) but it's going to have the typical jank we've seen the past like 20 years. At this point they really gotta show that things have changed.
It will obviously be iterative. That’s the whole point. It will surely carry some of the same strengths and weaknesses.

The “jank” is overblown imo. All open world games have it, from GTA, Far Cry, Cyberpunk, and the list goes on. They all just have their own form of Jank :manny:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange

Isn't this the whole reason why CDPR is working with Epic to assist with making Unreal engine 5 more suitable for open world games?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Isn't this the whole reason why CDPR is working with Epic to assist with making Unreal engine 5 more suitable for open world games?

Yeah and the REDengine was similar to the creation engine.

It’s what eventually ended up fukking up cyberpunk (and the original witcher games) which is why they are pivoting to UE5.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yeah, but that doesn’t mean Unreal 5 can/will do what they get out of the creation engine. And that’s gonna take years. Starfield is coming out this year.