Massive Starfield info leak from dev at Era, Jason Schriere confirms its correct

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
im not seeing a massive leak here. this guy didnt confirm or deny anything. this is no different than a random preview from a paid journalist site

Its a step above the concept art and staff videos they’ve been showing for the last 5 months

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
That's a huge claim. Totally won't get claimed as some wild fanboy shyt, possibly by another fanboy, within a few posts at all. :mjlol:
It’s the truth. Which other game/engine can you set a random item down anywhere in the open world. Go play 40 hours and come back and that same exact item is sitting there.

Creation engine games are very different than what can be done with most other engines. For better and for worse.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I kinda enjoyed the main story in FO4 even though it was a bit predictable

I thought Skyrim was pretty good for how expansive the game was. The guy who did the Dark Brotherhood questline in Oblivion did the whole of Skyrim. Emil Pagliarulo is his name and he has the same role in Starfield

I got the platinum in some of these games and bought some of them twice on PC to play with mods, but the reality is, I cant tell you 5 characters involved in the main story in any Bethesda RPG. Personally, the main draw in these games for me was always the freedom and exploration. The main plot is always mad forgettable.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got the platinum in some of these games and bought some of them twice on PC to play with mods, but the reality is, I cant tell you 5 characters involved in the main story in any Bethesda RPG. Personally, the main draw in these games for me was always the freedom and exploration. The main plot is always mad forgettable.

And picking up mugs and candle stick holders until you are encumbered

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s the truth. Which other game/engine can you set a random item down anywhere in the open world. Go play 40 hours and come back and that same exact item is sitting there.

Creation engine games are very different than what can be done with most other engines. For better and for worse.

I can see that angle of it. I'd say the direct competitor to it would be RAGE, but it's really difficult to truly compare them against each other because they seem to be trying to achieve separate goals. Rockstar really seems to be going for sheer NPC/subroutine volume.

I honestly don't play Ubisoft games heavily enough to be able to truly gauge what Anvil does or doesn't do well, but going off the formulaic nature of most of their games, I'd say it's probably not in the same class as the other two.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can see that angle of it. I'd say the direct competitor to it would be RAGE, but it's really difficult to truly compare them against each other because they seem to be trying to achieve separate goals. Rockstar really seems to be going for sheer NPC/subroutine volume.

I honestly don't play Ubisoft games heavily enough to be able to truly gauge what Anvil does or doesn't do well, but going off the formulaic nature of most of their games, I'd say it's probably not in the same class as the other two.
They all do different stuff.

Creation is built to make a very specific type of game.

I was not trying to say it’s better or worse than any other engine. Just saying they couldn’t just swap out another engine and make the same stile of game.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They all do different stuff.

Creation is built to make a very specific type of game.

I was not trying to say it’s better or worse than any other engine. Just saying they couldn’t just swap out another engine and make the same stile of game.

Agreed. When you have purpose built engines like that, it's hard to see how the same result could be pulled out of another engine.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the biggest problem is building on top of a janky old engine, like Fromsoft do. Thats why they have trouble scaling it.

Thats why none of the Bethesda games have ladders in them, it doesn’t work with the engine

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I hate that Sony passed on them, I get it, they really need more multiplayer right now and God knows how much money it will cost to move all Bethesda's work to modern engines like UE5

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hate that Sony passed on them, I get it, they really need more multiplayer right now and God knows how much money it will cost to move all Bethesda's work to modern engines like UE5

Sony didn’t pass on anything. They were never in negotiations to be acquired by Sony

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps

Technically any game engine could handle that if they decided to track each object. It just makes more sense to restore areas of the game world back to a target state for stability reasons to avoid some of the fukked up situations that happen in Bethesda games. Given the effort they could recreate that system in Unity or Unreal.