Massive layoffs at IGN

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
Bruh. What I don't understand is how someone like Ryan McCaffrey can have 20 years in the business, with over a decade (if not more, if I'm misremembering) of experience in front of the camera, and STILL be so bland and borderline awkward any time he's on camera. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Dude doesnt even make an effort to look good for the camera or when hes interviewing a guest. I remember the Jonathan guy who ran the PS show didnt even look like he showered.

The fact that IGN doesnt get this sorta shyt is crazy to me as a platform as big as they are / were.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
i have no idea who she is but those narz tweets actually hurt me. i dont even fukk with IGN so i was totally ignorant to how many on-screen employees they even have. i hope everything works out, but we are probably going to be in a recession for a couple years and tech always jettisons people harder than most other industries so some of these people may never get back into games journalism.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Dude doesnt even make an effort to look good for the camera or when hes interviewing a guest. I remember the Jonathan guy who ran the PS show didnt even look like he showered.

The fact that IGN doesnt get this sorta shyt is crazy to me as a platform as big as they are / were.
They let him go? I only watch the Next Gen Console Watch shyt occasionally.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yea I use to see Narz doing the daily fix now that weird conk dude is probably doing that full time for probably pennies. Also, she basically confirmed she’s done because she won’t have opportunities like other cac female game journ like Alanah Pearce( getting paid to do nothing at Santa Monica) and Goodman(who was the host last night for the VGA) Journalism as a whole is dying career

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Lol dornbush was my dude though, he held it down for PS on IGN. Haven’t watched an ep of Beyond! Since

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This

It's easier to watch videos on youtube than it is on IGN. Between the fukking Ads, pop ups etc itd take forever to load.

I haven't taken Ign serious since the 00s

Yeah, the IGN site is an absolute fukking disaster to try to use for anything resembling solid info. And if we're being honest, their YouTube isn't an better, just based on the sheer volume of videos they put out each day.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Yea I use to see Narz doing the daily fix now that weird conk dude is probably doing that full time for probably pennies. Also, she basically confirmed she’s done because she won’t have opportunities like other cac female game journ like Alanah Pearce( getting paid to do nothing at Santa Monica) and Goodman(who was the host last night for the VGA) Journalism as a whole is dying career
It also doesn’t help that she doesn’t have the good looks compared to those two plus the other chick that was previously over the Daily Fox.