Massive layoffs and studio divesture at Epic Games - Blames poor Fortnite Growth

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like the Fortnite user generated content stuff is not taking off like they thought

Last edited:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I mean they do have UE5…they could try making a big showpiece title for it outside of Fortnite

Fortnite has ruined their culture, they don’t have the right people anymore. Go look at their job postings all their resources are dedicated to Fortnite.

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
these execs really be thinking the wave gonna last forever. :dead:

at least Microsoft had a vision for Minecraft after it fell off gaming wise. They use it to teach object based programming to kids in their coding classes/suites which is great.
They like dope fiends chasing that white dragon

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Every wave eventually crashes. Some of that Fortnite money should have been going into the development of the next thing. Doesn’t mean get rid of Fortnite but have something ready for when all the water has been squeezed out of that rock. I also agree with @Gizmo_Duck and those pandemic boosts are wearing off. People aren’t stuck inside now, and their undivided attention and lack of options are gone.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Every wave eventually crashes. Some of that Fortnite money should have been going into the development of the next thing. Doesn’t mean get rid of Fortnite but have something ready for when all the water has been squeezed out of that rock. I also agree with @Gizmo_Duck and those pandemic boosts are wearing off. People aren’t stuck inside now, and their undivided attention and lack of options are gone.

It’s was trending down during covid. They had more than enough time to pivot or launch something new.

Last edited: