Mass Effect Andromeda vs Persona 5: you can only buy one game.

Mass Effect Andromeda vs Persona 5

• Total voters

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
I pre-ordered it on Monday.....that steelbook :noah:

Basically copped because of the hype from @Fatboi1 and other posters lol

The game looks good, and I'd say 5 is a good place to jump in. You're at a great time when the franchise is about to get even bigger.

They've been working on this for so long, Catherine was actually a "demo" game of sorts, in order for them to make P5. And Catherine is a cult classic in itself.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona 4 Golden is top 5 games of all time for me at the very least. That and the OST for these games are always fukking fantastic.

@Fatboi1 how does the OST in 5 compare to 4 and 3? :lupe:

Heartbreak, heartbreak...

I had a pretty lonely/rough summer when I got a Vita and that game. It helped me out a lot taking my mind off shyt and was just one of the best experiences I've ever had in a game. Can't wait to get to know these characters
In short, it's fantastic.

The OST in 5 has a different theme to it. It's more Jazz but it compliments the story. The dungeons sound more like what you'd expect out off SMT games.

P4 was more Pop while P3 was more rock/rap with a little pop. P5 also has less vocal tracks but the vocal tracks are played less often so they feel just right when they come on. I think the battle theme in P5 is the best of the series yet. Basically don't go in expecting Persona 4.5. This is Persona 5, a whole new game. There's a LOT new.

Reg battle theme
:ohlawd: This track is amazing. It goes perfect with the sublime presentation.
the soundtrack def grows on you though if you were coming in expecting P4 like songs.

130 hours in and I'm still not tired of it. Characters are much better imo. The writers def grew up a lil as the characters aren't overly tropey but instead they have their own personality that isn't consumed by the tropes. It's well worth the wait.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
...how can you 'not be a big fan' of something you've never played? :dwillhuh:

I mean I respect the longevity of the game and the fact it has alot of fans it must be doing something right... :ld: I just never saw the appeal of it for me personally at least.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Mass Effect but only because I didn't plan to play Persona until the summer.

Legit though the only answer is both...i dont care about some BS hypothetical.:manny:

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Personas last entry is considered one of the greatest jrpgs of all time.

The last mass effect is....:lolbron:

So persona 5.

That's my real life choice as well.

I'll buy mass effect for $20 in 6 months. And see what the fallout is.

Yep. With certain IPs and studios, you have to wait until the honeymoon period end before people will be honest about how good the game actually is.

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I'm going Persona and putting Mass Effect on the "next time" list but I doubt you'll be disappointed either way.