Mase talks about the time Big L tried to get him robbed "It Is What It Is"

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

Mase also confirmed Fat Joe's story of Big L getting Fat Joe and some Bronx nikkas to press Mase in the Tunnel.

Cam also said Big L's brother Big Lee tried to extort him lol

Via: @RAW_SPK

yo @FreshAIG add this to the front page as well

Starts at 2:50 mark

Last edited:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Quick summary for people who can't watch the whole thing

Mase and Big L got into on the block one day about Big L using some of Mase compound syllables in his rhymes, and Herb Gruff started gassing them to box. Cam started laughing saying gruff loved instigating shyt

They were in the Tunnel, Mase tells L he'll knock him out. Big L goes to Party Arty and a few other nikkas to try to get them on Mase, but Mase knew them. So then Big L goes to Fat Joe, Fat Joe realizes it's Mase and tells Big L he has to handle it, since that's some internal Harlem shyt they got going on.

Later Mase and Shamgod are on the block, and some Spanish nikka runs down on them with a gun trying to take Mase's Rolex. (Mase details the story pretty humorously) Mase ends up throwing the watch, and running and the cops come and arrest the dude. nikkas in jail found out he robbed Mase and they was beating him up, and the nikka confessed that Big L sent that to hit out to get Mase robbed. And they talked about how it ruined everything after that.

Cam jokingly asked Mase is that why you never have Big L in your top 5.

Roxx the King

www.RoxxAlott.com
Daps
Reppin
Norfolk, VA

Mase and Big L got into on the block one day about Big L using some of Mase compound syllables in his rhymes, and Herb Gruff started gassing them to box. Cam started laughing saying gruff loved instigating shyt

They were in the Tunnel, Mase tells L he'll knock him out. Big L goes to Party Arty and a few other nikkas to try to get them on Mase, but Mase knew them. So then Big L goes to Fat Joe, Fat Joe and his realize it's Mase and tell Big L he has to handle it, since that's some internal Harlem shyt they got going on.

Later Mase and Shamgod are on the block, and some Spanish nikka runs down on them with a gun trying to take Mase's Rolex. (Mase details the story pretty humorously) Mase ends up throwing the watch, and running and the cops come and arrest the dude. nikkas in jail found out he robbed Mase and they was beating him up, and the nikka confessed that Big L sent that to hit out to get Mase robbed. And they talked about how it ruined everything after that.

:salute: For the recap

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
That's fukked up
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a lot of jealousy. Big L was the first one to get signed but he got dropped and never really made noise commercially. Now here comes a nikka that you grew up with, that you kinda put on in the rap game, getting a lot of fame and notoriety, signed to the biggest label and is on hit records. If you not all the way secure, that could really fukk with you.

I remember the Lox said they was happy X never hated on them because he easily could have, because it was a similar situation. Where X was on first, flopped, helped put them on and they got signed to the hottest label in the east coast while he was still struggling.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOL I think he's just saying it's kinda of a interesting take to say Mase and Cam ain't fukk with Big L, when Big L is the one that tried to get one of them robbed.

But I think your take is more about how they speak on L in general, and I never take it as they don't fukk with L. I think they love L, but they're also honest with reality. Cam even addressed it in the clip about how nikkas always show nikkas love after death when they deserved the love alive. It makes people uncomfortable when people speak of people that passed away in a light that's not the most favorable. Big L was a great MC, but he seems like he might've been a grimy nikka.

Xtz23

All Star
Daps

They were in the Tunnel, Mase tells L he'll knock him out. Big L goes to Party Arty and a few other nikkas to try to get them on Mase, but Mase knew them. So then Big L goes to Fat Joe, Fat Joe and his realize it's Mase and tell Big L he has to handle it, since that's some internal Harlem shyt they got going on.

Props on the story i tried to rep but it won’t let me

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
LOL I think he's just saying it's kinda of a interesting take to say Mase and Cam ain't fukk with Big L, when Big L is the one that tried to get one of them robbed.

But I think your take is more about how they speak on L in general, and I never take it as they don't fukk with L. I think they love L, but they're also honest with reality. Cam even addressed it in the clip about how nikkas always show nikkas love after death when they deserved the love alive. It makes people uncomfortable when people speak of people that passed away in a light that's not the most favorable. Big L was a great MC, but he seems like he might've been a grimy nikka.
1:25