Maryland man is accusing his local Chick-fil-A of racism after he received his to-go order with the name “Monkeys” on it.

mag357

Superstar
Daps
Teens are just dumb sometimes. This MFer probably really thought it was a nikka named Monkeys.

Chick fila Cracca: "can I have the name for the order"

Customer: "Marquise"

Cracca: "Monkeys???"

Customer: "Yea, Marquise"

broller

Veteran
Daps
[url=https://ibb.co/DGvG500] [/URL]

A Maryland man is accusing his local Chick-fil-A of racism after he received his to-go order with the name “Monkeys” on it.

Marquise Vanzego went through the drive-thru in LaPlata on Aug. 23 and ordered chicken strips, fries and an iced tea/lemonade drink, he told TODAY.

When an employee then called out an order for “Monkeys” instead of Marquise, Vanzego – who is Black – was shocked to learn it was his.

“Your heart has that little sting in it, that’s what it felt like,” he told TODAY.

“You start to think about all the other incidents that may have occurred that you heard about on the news with racial profiling.”

Vanzego spoke with the on-duty manager, who apologized and offered to refund his order.

“I’m going to write a letter to corporate about this, this is very offensive,” Vanzego told the manager in a video of the conversation he shared on Instagram.

He also shared a video of the moment he went inside the store to confront the drive-thru employee, but was denied the opportunity to speak with him by the manager.

Some social media commenters suggested the drive-thru intercom system was to blame for the offensive misprint, though Vanzego told TODAY that he placed his order directly with a “young white male” who was standing outside the store taking orders.

The store owner, John Flatley, later told Vanzego that he was not terminating the employee because they were under the age of 18.

Vanzego was also told that the employee had written down the name they heard, he said.

“I believe that he should be held accountable for what he’s done,” Vanzego said.

When Vanzego’s own children, who are now adults, stepped out of line, “they had to deal with the consequences,” he added.

“I understand, he’s a young man, he’s 17, he’s still learning. But he also needs to know that there are consequences when you do things like that.”

The worker wasn't fired. It's in bold letters in the post ...
can he really sue them if the worker was fired?!!?:jbhmm: this gonna be small claims or they'll give him a nice settlement...

Concerned Citizen

Stevie Wonder 2099
Daps
I’m on the fence about this one. On one hand it’s in LaPlata so that right there is ground for suspicion and of all names Monkeys. On the other hand though these drive through workers just trying to get your ass through the line and not trying to learn how to spell your name. If Marquise has a TI “Merry Crimmuh” way of speaking…I just don’t know about this one but give bruh a few racks and keep it moving.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Those are kids
You can’t blame that young girl for that shyt
She did the best she could in a situation like that
shyt most you nikkas puff your chests out on this internet ain’t never faced real racism
And when yall supposedly do
You run to this bytch writing dissertations on what happened and you folding like J.Cole :russ:
So you expect me to believe yall out here throwing bows and risking life for a receipt:childplease:
Best thing to do is save the receipt
Contact corporate
See if a breh-breh and associates will take your case and get some coin
A white franchisee ain’t firing no white boy
You can get that out your muthafukkain head
And even if they do, white folks stay on code and will put in a word for him to work somewhere else