Maryland has declared a State-of-Emergency in Baltimore. 1,500 National Guard Troops deployed (PICS)

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
tumblr_nlvsdlDUKW1tsf68ao1_500.gif

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
tumblr_nnmir0WA0N1qgsazuo1_540.png

tumblr_nnmir0WA0N1qgsazuo2_540.jpg

If you happen to be a person who has felt it necessary this week to enter conversations about police brutality or pervasive racial inequality or riots in order to insert your concern for Baltimore residents and business owners affected by the small faction of otherwise peaceful, nonviolent protesters rallying after the recent death of Freddie Gray, stand down. Can it be a given that empathy is not zero sum? We can acknowledge that the system is fukked up and broken, or that we’re in dire need of an infrastructural overhaul, or that people who are routinely terrorized and fear for their lives are perhaps logically justified in feeling angry or even daring to express that anger publicly — none of this also implies an automatic condoning of burning Baltimore to the ground.

You don’t have to condone violence to understand the overwhelming anger and frustration from which it is born

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
tumblr_nnmi7tUosr1qgsazuo1_540.png

tumblr_nnmi7tUosr1qgsazuo2_540.jpg

There is a ritual that accompanies these moments of protest by black Americans, and the wholly predictable urban unrest that follows the repeated killings of unarmed black people by police. The high priests of public opinion take to the TV, radio and Internet and summon the memory of Brother Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to condemn black folks who are “rioting,” for the latter are violating the sacred covenant of “nonviolence” that King, as one of America’s greatest leaders and martyrs, supposedly died for.

How Dr. King’s legacy is being diluted by white liberals, Fox News and everyone in between

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Not surprising at all. People outside of Bmore have NO IDEA how racist it actually is. I was talking to someone about that today. They don't understand it. Its like a different world in some places with the attitudes people have and the way they openly treat you. They don't try to hide it.
My buddy lives there...apparently 45 minutes away from Bmore on 695 is the town of Rising Sun. The birthplace of the KKK.

Everytime I drive through 695 with friends...I hope I honestly never break down or run out of gas anywhere near there.

IMO...it should be that town in flames and not Baltimore.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
:francis: this shyt made me mad
Good.This is how learning more and more about our history SHOULD make us feel. I recently learned about the Black Wallstreet incident and everytime i think about what whites did to us there i get heated. Thats why its soooo important to know our history and past struggles. White people are hiding and suppressing the past for a reason

Last edited: