Mary Turner was burned alive, they then cut her open and stomped the baby to death.

Jean toomer

Superstar
Daps
Uppin to remind you who these people really are. She was killed today. Last I heard, they had to remove her memorial because cacs shot it up and tore it down.
Respect to you brother. Destroying the memorial isn’t just an act of desecration it is a desire to erase history. We have to keep telling these stories. I know more about Auschwitz than I do Tulsa or Wilmington or Charleston massacres. This is by design.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
It would not,because most white people arent like this today. Although they have varying degrees of being racist. Like most people in this country,they have been made to be docile and less barbaric. So ultimately it would just feel like history to kids reading up on this.

Its best to just know that in genereal,cacs are indifferent about righting the wrongs of their ancestors. And the ones who actually have power and wealth to do so,if not indifferent they are malevolent. So you basically still have those who do the figurative lynching,and those who will sit around watching the lynching for varying reasons.

But without the actual lynchings,black comfortability will remain at all time highs in this country:respect:
Most cacs weren't like that on the past but they weren't the biggest problem. Its the cacs that ignored or covered up shyt like this. Cacs papers left out the baby stomping bits. And shyt like this was happening all over the Bible belt. Then nearly 100 years later, cacs shoot up the memorial. That same energy is still being directed towards us, to varying degrees.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most cacs weren't like that on the past but they weren't the biggest problem. Its the cacs that ignored or covered up shyt like this. Cacs papers left out the baby stomping bits. And shyt like this was happening all over the Bible belt. Then nearly 100 years later, cacs shoot up the memorial. That same energy is still being directed towards us, to varying degrees.

I agree 100% agree. But lion running towards you while you are on foot in Safari. And a lion running towards you in a zoo are energies that are recieved differently. The difference today is that black people feel protected because we are in comparison. So while teaching these stories is good. I dont think they would do anything to create a sense of urgency in black people. Only thing that would make us feel that energy would be to lift the zoo cage.

timeless

All Star
Daps
This is American history. Everyone learns about the Holocaust in detail. But this AMERICAN history is too gruesome for text books. Maybe the way to get over on the education blocks and protests is to start referring to it constantly as committed American history that is about Black people.

Calling it Black history has allowed it to be dealt with like it isn't relevant to everyone in society. They sandwich shyt like this into quick discussions in Black history month. They don't grade in it and it's not a major part of curriculum. That has to change. People like Mary Turner should be just as recognizable as Anne Frank. Given what is happening with the education space. Discussions. About critical race theory and woke culture have been the basis for attack on Black history and the discussion of it's reverberating effects in American society over time. Every American child should know the history of Black wall street. Learn about the effects of redlining and other such SYSTEMATIC road blocks to progress based on bigotry. Otherwise they are not getting a proper picture of the past that shapes the present.

The more they escape discussion of the past and try to make it irrelevant. Sanitize the details etc. The more they get off the hook for having to make amends via reparations. Especially if it becomes about referendums
I agree with everything you said! Not one lie was told.

To the bolded: this is extremely important. They don't want to talk about it, to protect their egos and their children's egos. To uphold the idea of white innocence and superiority. Fortunately, thanks to unlimited (for now) information, our good brothers and sisters all across the world are spreading the truth and they ain't sanitizing a thing!

Again, everything you said was on point.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
RIP to Mary.

Upping because there's a growing trend of cacs destroying or stealing Black memorials

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If more black people knew stories like this, I wonder if they'd still swirl and pawg

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Stuff like that shouldn't be posted here. Too many dudes big up white women 24/7, I don't think it should be mentioned what they did in the past because nikkas don't care

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
If more black people knew stories like this, I wonder if they'd still swirl and pawg
Yes. Black women ran whore houses for cacs and put their biracials to work in them. This was at the same time demonic cacs were lynching us.

Lotta gross c00n shyt occured in the past that is just never talked about.