Marvel's The Defenders - Netflix (Official Thread)

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
FBZzfltCe7cSk.gif

TLR is that way b.

1/2 of Cottonmouths credibility went down the drain when he got pushed out a window & caught a lethal Joe Jackson by his frail PTSD sibling.

Purple Man > Cottonmouth

that shyt was irritating to watch

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I enjoyed it. Wouldn't really revisit. Daredevil set the bar so high at this point the other shows they're just trying to keep up but most of them fail to come close.

I'm ready for the next seasons of Luke, JJ and DD but move on from The Hand, I'm tired. Danny was better in this but it's gonna take a lot for me to watch a second season of Fist. Every time he mentions "chi" I roll my eyes.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
As much as cats shyt on Foggy & Karen they're a good pair when things are going good. Their chemistry as a trio, matt + foggy's chemistry + and karen + matt's chemistry is all spot on. Makes you empathize with their view on things when shyt goes south. It's a show to us but imagine actually being in that world and having a day one friend who's fighting assassins on a regular basis and meeting up with cats like the punisher. The fukked up RIPs and shyt you read in the news and you find out he's in the mix. And you can't talk about it with anyone else cause that's your friend doing all that shyt. Their reactions are justified. I'm halfway through ep one of Daredevil Season 2 and this shyt is awesome

They're great as a trio, or even a lot of the Foggy/Matt stuff. But Foggy solo, Paige solo, and Paige & Foggy should never be a thing.

For Jessica Jones, I liked Trish solo, Malcolm cracked out solo and with Twin 1, even the Trish & Nuke stuff...and of course Trinity in every scene.

Luke Cage, I just think everyone but him was stellar.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I enjoyed it. Wouldn't really revisit. Daredevil set the bar so high at this point the other shows they're just trying to keep up but most of them fail to come close.

I'm ready for the next seasons of Luke, JJ and DD but move on from The Hand, I'm tired. Danny was better in this but it's gonna take a lot for me to watch a second season of Fist. Every time he mentions "chi" I roll my eyes.

Take a shot. I think season 2 may begin with him playing the DD role, but DD s3 comes first, so you can't be too sure.

I think they should just adapt storylines from the comics. The Defenders should have been Shadowland easily.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
They're great as a trio, or even a lot of the Foggy/Matt stuff. But Foggy solo, Paige solo, and Paige & Foggy should never be a thing.

For Jessica Jones, I liked Trish solo, Malcolm cracked out solo and with Twin 1, even the Trish & Nuke stuff...and of course Trinity in every scene.

Luke Cage, I just think everyone but him was stellar.

Agreed. I was thinking about it, and it made me realize why Batman works so well. His supporting cast are either capable/heroes themselves, or relegated to wallpaper status, and his civilian life isn't crucial to his stories, so you can either involve them or play them to the background and it never feels like poor writing. With daredevil his main supporting cast are regular citizens, so you gotta either pretend Foggy and Karen don't exist (which works in comics but not in live action entertainment), or involve them in the crusade against the villain somehow to give them something to do, which since they don't have any kind of powers, makes them annoying as fukk. Or they play the "i'm worried about my friend" angle which gets old really fast. Even watching the night nurse try to fight somebody is annoying. The smartest thing to do would have been to keep daredevil's powers a secret for a little longer and let his struggle with both identities be a part of the narrative. But superheroes revealing their identities early on is the wave now, and monkey see monkey do (spider-man homecoming)

Agreed.

AGREED. :mjlol::francis:

blalienz

#AGP #HGC
Daps
Reppin
Right now, nowhere
think he could have escaped when he wanted he was just a glutton for punishment and liked fukin with their heads. I was more disturbed by how excited the iron supremacist got when DD put a rope around siwonde's neck. Dude was all giddy like :mjgrin:that's so cool
"iron supremacist":mjlol::mjlol::russ:damn you!! I spent 5 str8 minutes laughing:francis:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I need to watch it again to get all the small things but on first watch I give it a 7.5 out of 10 it's a hard thing to take 4 strong lead characters and make a series in 8 episodes. If it was 12 or 13 they would have been able to develop It more but I enjoyed this especially coming off Iron Fist which I fell asleep on every episode and Luke Cage which last 3 episodes were terrible. Also interested in the Misty plot. Really like her acting.