Marvel's Spider-Man Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
you mean w/ superhero cartoons or comics in general? :gucci:

I agree about writing being the jumpoff though. Too many writers let plot and dialogue fall to the wayside in favor of shock and awe

Cartoons. I don't have a particular preference one way or the other when it comes to animation. Every artists has their own flavor and style so I'm willing to rock with that.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Art direction matters to everyone else here a lot more than me so I'm always meh on it so writing is what I pay attention to. The third episode was awful but the fourth and fifth were a lot better.
Could have good art direction/animation and good writing but these people to fukking cheap to make it happen smh

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Could have good art direction/animation and good writing but these people to fukking cheap to make it happen smh

Are you talking animation style or animation? Lot of dudes on here get upset at style rather than actual animation @Kid Dynamite cites spectacular for having shytty animation but it doesn't actually. Everything was fluid and smooth. Now if you don't like the style that's a preference and that's fine.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Are you talking animation style or animation? Lot of dudes on here get upset at style rather than actual animation @Kid Dynamite cites spectacular for having shytty animation but it doesn't actually. Everything was fluid and smooth. Now if you don't like the style that's a preference and that's fine.
Kinda both. The character designs look weird to me.
The actually characters are fine but the backgrounds are all static and dull like they didnt put much effort into. Talking about the new one and Spectacular

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
I meant the way the characters look... The style is smooth as hell which is why I brought the spectacular spiderman up. People didn't like the look of Peter, but the fighting sequences were top notch. So I was saying don't judge the show by how the characters look

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I forgot all about this show. I saw the 1st ep and thought it was decent. I'm not sure about them having Miles as Peter's peer in this. I'm gonna try to catch up. I hope the rest of the episodes are on On Demand.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Kinda both. The character designs look weird to me.
The actually characters are fine but the backgrounds are all static and dull like they didnt put much effort into. Talking about the new one and Spectacular

And I could say the same for the 90s spider man. In fact they reused shots in that show because they were cutting corners and being cheap. The most money went into the pilot and after that it was all penny pinching and eye hustling

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I meant the way the characters look... The style is smooth as hell which is why I brought the spectacular spiderman up. People didn't like the look of Peter, but the fighting sequences were top notch. So I was saying don't judge the show by how the characters look

The one thing I'll say about not liking peters look or re look of any character is they were specifically going for an anime influence. Sean Galloway was the art designer and in an interview on the blu ray he goes into detail about the style and look and why he went with it

Kid Dynamite

aka The Big Bonanza aka The Ebony Prince
Supporter
Daps
The one thing I'll say about not liking peters look or re look of any character is they were specifically going for an anime influence. Sean Galloway was the art designer and in an interview on the blu ray he goes into detail about the style and look and why he went with it

You can see they went with that look by their faces and expressions. I have no problem with the look, I just want people to give it a chance because I've made that same mistake before.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Art style looks similar to Lupin the Third. I just saw the 2nd and 3rd eps and I think the show's moving in the right direction.

As bad as Ultimate Spider-Man is all-around, the one thing I did like was Doc Ock's look. I thought it was a fresh take on the usually fat, bowl-cut Doc Ock.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Now that is my objective assessment of the original Fox shows versus the new disney animated shows.
They are not good shows to me, if your opinion differs fine.

Watched them already. Why post them?

Yeah nah spectacular spider man is eons ahead of fox's spider man. It's like comparing a pro shooting guard to a high school freshman

I can't speak for the new spider man as of yet but when it comes to spectacular that shyt reigns supreme. Wolverine and the x men was dope as well
I fukks with "Spectacular Spider-Man", but :duck:at it being eons better than 90's "Spider-Man: TAS"..