Marvel's Spider-Man Thread

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjcry: @MartyMcFly I just saw a dude on another forum post this:
The premise of this new Spider-Man show is to play off the now MCU connected Spider-Man : Homecoming, same way that the animated Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy shows play off the MCU versions of those characters.

:snoop:

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Imma wait until the show is out to give a real judgement. As long as it is not Ultimate Spider-Man (cartoon)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:mjcry: @MartyMcFly I just saw a dude on another forum post this:
The premise of this new Spider-Man show is to play off the now MCU connected Spider-Man : Homecoming, same way that the animated Avengers & Guardians of the Galaxy shows play off the MCU versions of those characters.

:snoop:
What's your beef? Unless you've seen Homecoming. If so, please spill the beans
Dude is saying this new Spider-Man show is follow the same pattern as those 2 wack current Avengers & GotG shows. Both of those shows were created to follow the same formula as the live-action MCU movies & they both suck. So it's looking like we are about to be disappointed again.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Dude is saying this new Spider-Man show is follow the same pattern as those 2 wack current Avengers & GotG shows. Both of those shows were created to follow the same formula as the live-action MCU movies & they both suck. So it's looking like we are about to be dissapointed.

Different writers, different crew. That's the point I'm making. Dan Slott is a better writer than the guys on those shows and knows spider man probably better than anyone at Marvel, movie, tv, or comics division. Creative direction isn't what hurts those shows, it's execution. Also, I don't have the issue with Guardians that you all have apparently

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Dude is saying this new Spider-Man show is follow the same pattern as those 2 wack current Avengers & GotG shows. Both of those shows were created to follow the same formula as the live-action MCU movies & they both suck. So it's looking like we are about to be disappointed again.
Different writers, different crew. That's the point I'm making. Dan Slott is a better writer than the guys on those shows and knows spider man probably better than anyone at Marvel, movie, tv, or comics division. Creative direction isn't what hurts those shows, it's execution. Also, I don't have the issue with Guardians that you all have apparently
Is that show actually good?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I just cant wait for Spiderman to be a grown man. I dont understand why they are so content with keeping Spiderman in a time loop where he's always a kid.

I guess maybe I'm old school but I just grew up with this guy and and want to see his stories.

Parker a a grown ass man living in NY doing grown man shyt and actually having a career. I think its played and time to movie on past the heavy Aunt May shyt. I mean she can be in the background picture ala Martha Kent but she dont need to be one of the front and center features and factors of PP world

Been over this. Marvel doesn't want him to grow up. They're just now becoming cool wth it in the comics. They don't believe an adult or married peter is relatable to kids.
:yeshrug: Who says we want grown-ass Peter Parker? We just want college-age (Undergraduate or post-graduate) Peter Parker.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If it was any good, I'd assume the show would have more of a following in The Film Room.

That's not how life works lol. There's so much shyt on, why assume that everything we like or everything good will get talked about on here? Especially when a show like Empire has a huge following here and most of us in the thread just clown the show for being that silly and outlandish and bad. Life ain't the internet homie