Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered update adds VRR support, 40fps mode, out now

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Anyone using the LG CX with this? If you press the green button on the TV remote several times, a little onscreen banner comes up showing you the refresh rate.

On RT Performance mode in MM, the refresh rate changes accordingly as expected but in fidelity mode the refresh rate seems to just stay at 118hz even though I know the game isn't at 118fps.

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Anyone using the LG CX with this? If you press the green button on the TV remote several times, a little onscreen banner comes up showing you the refresh rate.

On RT Performance mode in MM, the refresh rate changes accordingly as expected but in fidelity mode the refresh rate seems to just stay at 118hz even though I know the game isn't at 118fps.
I noticed the same on my samsung frame tv. FPS constantly jumps between 74-119. Almost like the 40fps setting in fidelity is bugged.

Edit: Not bugged

Just did some more testing, you can clearly see VRR kick in with Performance RT mode, its mostly in the 60-80fps range. Fidielity + VRR is clearly 40fps, but the TV is still just displaying it's max hz.

Last edited:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps

Its working as expected. they uncapped the FPS in Fidelity mode with the introduction of VRR.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I noticed the same on my samsung frame tv. FPS constantly jumps between 74-119. Almost like the 40fps setting in fidelity is bugged.

Edit: Not bugged

Just did some more testing, you can clearly see VRR kick in with Performance RT mode, its mostly in the 60-80fps range. Fidielity + VRR is clearly 40fps, but the TV is still just displaying it's max hz.

Yeah I suspected this.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea I’m not nerdy enough (surprisingly) for all this.

I tried it with spider man and it worked. Cool option I guess lol.

I’m just glad it exist so people will shut up about it. It’s cool but it’s not something i could have ever imagined bragging about

Daps
Reppin
NULL

The refresh rate is just the maximum amount of frames that can displayed, the frame rate is probably capped that's why the TV out is putting that, if it was an uncapped frame rate like the Performance RT mode in Spider-Man you will see the VRR adjust the refresh rate to match the dips

VRR only activates when the frame rate dips

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo this VRR update is fukking incredible lol.

I'm hitting like 70-100 fps in both Spider-Man games in Fidelity mode. shyt looks incredible on the CX.

Even Horizon Forbidden West, which doesn't have a VRR update, runs silky smooth in Favor Resolution mode.

I tried some older games that had some tearing like Drive Club and Uncharted 4 and there was zero tearing and those 30 FPS games felt way more smoother.

refresh rate doesn't equal frames, remaster spider-man is 50-59 fps in Fidelity and Miles Morales is capped at 40

the performance RT mode is uncapped

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The refresh rate is just the maximum amount of frames that can displayed, the frame rate is probably capped that's why the TV out is putting that, if it was an uncapped frame rate like the Performance RT mode in Spider-Man you will see the VRR adjust the refresh rate to match the dips

VRR only activates when the frame rate dips
I know that but the update says:

• When 120 Hz Display Mode is on, the frame rate is unlocked and varies based on gameplay
So I'm thinking the fidelity mode is an unlocked 40FPS but it doesn't show that when looking at the special menu of the TV's status. The other modes shows the refresh rate changing dynamically.