Marvel wants Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler for Guardians of the Galaxy

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Groot only says Groot and I imagine he'll be CGI, so it probably doesn't matter if they give it to Adam or not.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dave Bautista cast as Drax after the role was turned down by Jason Momoa:

Dave Bautista Boards Guardians of the Galaxy | Superhero Hype

guardians-of-the-galaxy-dave-bautista-confirmed-as-drax.jpg

Dave Bautista has officially joined the cast of James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy, says a story at The Hollywood Reporter. He will play the part of Drax the Destroyer opposite Chris Pratt in the August 1, 2014 release. In the comic books, Drax began as Arthur Douglas, a human being who, killed by Thanos, was resurrected in a super-powered warrior's body so that he could seek revenge. The role was rumored last month to go to "Game of Thrones" star Jason Momoa. Instead, Bautista, best known for his work with the WWE will take the part. He was featured on the big screen in last year's The Man with the Iron Fists. Quite arguably Marvel Studios' most offbeat property to date, Guardians of the Galaxy's roster is also said to include Groot, Rocket Rac00n and Gamora. Check back for casting details on those roles as they emerge.

RajWatts

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Glenn Close, John C. Reilly join Marvel

Glenn Close, John C. Reilly join Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy
May 30, 2013

With Iron Man 3 still dominating the box office and Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier currently filming, it’s easy to forget that Marvel has yet another film in production that may outshine them all with a round of left-field casting.

Deadline reports that both revered Oscar-nominated actress Glenn Close and comic legend John C. Reilly will join current cast members Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana and Michael Rooker in Marvel’s upcoming space opera, Guardians of the Galaxy.

Close is rumored to be playing the leader of the Nova Corps, a super-powered collection of cosmic cops, while Riley is likely to play Rhomann Dey, the Guardians’ Earthly liaison.

Guardians of the Galaxy is currently set for August 1, 2014.

K.I.N.G.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Someone school me on this Ilm not really a comic head (more of a manga person).

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

Xerces

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Adam sandler is not funny never has been IMO. I'm unfamiliar with this comic (and every other comic for that matter) but regardless Adam sandler is a terrible choice