Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)

JOHN WICK Director Chad Stahelski Pitched Directing BLADE To Marvel Studios...But They Turned Him Down

Filmmaker Chad Stahelski has been behind the camera for all four John Wick movies, and reveals that he tried to get Marvel Studios to allow him to take a crack at Blade, only for their visions to clash.​

Excerpt from the article:

Obviously, that didn't pan out as Marvel Studios had different plans for the franchise, and the decision to hire Tariq has been widely praised. Interestingly, Stahelski would go on to point out that, "I don't know if I would've been the best choice for that in the direction they wanted to go."

"If you want to do the edgy rated R version, yeah, give me a call," he continued. "If you want to be non-apologetic, yeah. That's me. But I think they're protecting their brand, they're doing their thing.

No no no no nooooooo. fukking Marvel smh:snoop:

This is the kinda bullshyt I"m talking about. This is sum ol bullshyt!!!

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York

JOHN WICK Director Chad Stahelski Pitched Directing BLADE To Marvel Studios...But They Turned Him Down

Filmmaker Chad Stahelski has been behind the camera for all four John Wick movies, and reveals that he tried to get Marvel Studios to allow him to take a crack at Blade, only for their visions to clash.​

Obviously, that didn't pan out as Marvel Studios had different plans for the franchise, and the decision to hire Tariq has been widely praised. Interestingly, Stahelski would go on to point out that, "I don't know if I would've been the best choice for that in the direction they wanted to go."

"If you want to do the edgy rated R version, yeah, give me a call," he continued. "If you want to be non-apologetic, yeah. That's me. But I think they're protecting their brand, they're doing their thing.

They look for directors to develop the character. John Wick is a shallow franchise/character.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
They look for directors to develop the character. John Wick is a shallow franchise/character.
That's more of the writer's job bruh. The director molds the film and brings the vision to life and can help bring out the best in actors

But the writing is separate

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
That being said hopefully this director Bassam Tariq pulls a rabbit out the hat

Has anybody seen Mogul Mowgli?

I'm just worried becuz this director only has 2 credits under his name

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
That's more of the writer's job bruh. The director molds the film and brings the vision to life and can help bring out the best in actors

But the writing is separate
Maybe the writers preferred the guy they hired.
Just saying I lost interest after the first John Wick movie which was mid. This isn't some.e huge loss IMO.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
Maybe the writers preferred the guy they hired.
Just saying I lost interest after the first John Wick movie which was mid. This isn't some.e huge loss IMO.
It's really not about the director to me

It's about Marvel wanting to sanitize Blade. U see what I'm saying?

Last edited:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
Just plz don't have a childish tone :mjcry:

Blade I'm crossing my fingers for ya:wow:

clean.jpg

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

Na breh

He WHITE

Or per the coli a CAC.

Now remember when we said that Phase 4 pretty much been Marvel listening to the Coli’s request and suggestions?

This was one of them at the time :mjlol:

So you gonna have to go back in them threads and blame the right people:russ:

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
Na breh

He WHITE

Or per the coli a CAC.

Now remember when we said that Phase 4 pretty much been Marvel listening to the Coli’s request and suggestions?

This was one of them at the time :mjlol:

So you gonna have to go back in them threads and blame the right people:russ:
Naw I don't remember that but it makes sense now:dead:

Last edited: