Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How are they doing him dirty when Wesley played Blade for 3 movies? This is a reboot under a totally different studio, set in a different universe. Casting him makes no sense.

Last time Wesley played Blade was 15 years ago and he's knocking on 60. He's no longer a box office draw. Mahershala just won two Oscars recently.
We don't even know what role Blade will play in the universe, when they plan on releasing the first movie or how many they plan to make. It's crazy to say they screwed Wesley by not casting a 56 year old in the role.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I don’t understand how y’all think it would make any sense for Snipes to be Blade in a Marvel reboot.

It doesn't really, but he needs to be in the movie, they owe him.

I'm confident they'll do right by him. If it wasn't about the overarching narritive of the MCU it would be a go, but casting him as Blade without somehow trying to retroactively fit at least the first two movies in the continuity is not worth the fan service.

Cast him as Blade's pops since they favor each other and have him be one of his first villians.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I need to get paid for this shyt, I wrote longggg ago he needed to be blade

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
It doesn't really, but he needs to be in the movie, they owe him.

I'm confident they'll do right by him. If it wasn't about the overarching narritive of the MCU it would be a go, but casting him as Blade without somehow trying to retroactively fit at least the first two movies in the continuity is not worth the fan service.

Cast him as Blade's pops since they favor each other and have him be one of his first villians.
I know it’s a popular talking point that Blade saved Marvel but in reality Marvel don’t owe Wesley anything :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Kevin Feige picking up where Steve Jobs left off when it comes to EPIC intellectual property announcements :wow:

Ali has SO MUCH fukking swag. Dude will KILL the Blade role even though I wanted to see Wesley get just one more chance at the character I know’s aged out of the role for Marvel who like to do 10+ movie contracts and shyt.

The future is looking bright. I won’t see any of the announced phase 4 films in theaters besides Shang Chi and Dr. Strange 2. But leading in Phase 5 with GOAT Panther and Blade...i can’t WAIT:blessed: