Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
:mjlol: Wouldn't have been that bad, but I predict there would have been a large population of black people who would have boycotted the new movie.
Idda fought negroes if they threatened to kill Feige over recast. I spent alot of fukking money over the years from 8th grade to 2017 on Black Panther comics. I'm sick of how they are doing MY fukkING CHARACTER to make some finger using readers and fukking normals being catered to. Stan Lee and Jack Kirby are rolling over in their graves.

Damn you Non NERD NEGROES...DAMN YOU ALL :scust: :unimpressed:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
It's not impossible, that belief is part of the problem:mjlol:

They have a new Batman every 3 years:mjlol: Dead actors get recast all the time

Boseman's passing is definitely sad, and I wouldn't take that sadness from anyone, but black folks definitely put Feige between a rock and a hard place with the threat of a riot if T'Challa was recast

And what's the alternative? A boy who's a literal prince being raised in secrecy by his mama in Haiti:dead: think of how infuriating that shyt would be to find out as an adult that you've always been a king:mjlol: raising me in these fukkin slums

Replace Chadwick with Chiwetel, Idris, Mahershala, Trevante, etc... and Black Panther (2018) still does 1.3 billion. :manny:

The reality is Chad was a very good actor and an even better person by all accounts, but he was never a box office star before BP or after BP. It was the IP, not the actor. In real time, ppl were saying he was the most boring part of the movie (which i argued against) and were glorifying Shuri and Killmonger.

I touched on this a while back but when it comes to white IPs it sometimes feels like white folks are a bit more.. pragmatic? big picture thinking? idk what the right word is.

...whereas with black folks, note what we've seen in this Blade thread alone, since inception:
  • "If it ain't 60 year old Wesley, I don't want it. It'd be disrespectful."
  • "Marvel doesn't have a plan, just cancel the movie."
  • "Maershallah actually wants Blade to be iconic?? He doesn't get the character."
We ain't had a Blade move in 20 years, yet the black IP gotta combat strangulation not just from white execs but from the black fanbase :dead:

Not to mention hollywood writers apparently trying to waiting to exhale it :mjlol:

br82186

Superstar
Daps
We laughing, but let's be honest we have been through or heard about the off and on decades that Disney has had in the past a la the 70's, 80's, and the 2000's.

Just might that we're on a decade where Disney is gonna put out bomb after bomb

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
We laughing, but let's be honest we have been through or heard about the off and on decades that Disney has had in the past a la the 70's, 80's, and the 2000's.

Just might that we're on a decade where Disney is gonna put out bomb after bomb
Yeah disney was in a slump until their animation department started pumping out bangers in the early 90s. They spent a lot of the 70s and 80s making live action movies.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine being the 4th lead in your own movie :laff:

This nikka probably was like ":why:" reading that script :laff:
That pitch had to be crazy.

Writer: So, after your daughter Willow, beats you in her first sparring session, with no prior training of any kind, you tell her, "I didn't know girls could fight". Willow responds, "Wow, it's giving misogny" Her gay biracial roommate Derrick tells you, "Ok boomer, sounds like someone wants to get canceled. No one can touch my girl, PERIODT." You say "What does any of that mean? with a confused face" Derrick responds, "Don't worry about it. You came off with the all black leather and sunglasses giving off rizz, but you're just like every other man. Don't get mad because Willow understood the assignment. Hey Siri, play our theme song." Then they start twerking as we go to the next scene.

And at this point, we're thinking of having Cardi B and Sexxy Redd do a collab that would play in the background since they're both bloods. Get it, they're both bloods:bryan:

Ali:

qbx9n22h2u6a1.gif

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The ONLY explanation for Blade being playing 4th fiddle in his own fukking movie is either...

1. A writer going full blown pander in order to appeal to Disney execs
2. A studio demanding a writer go full blown pander in order to appeal to Disney execs

The end result of the process is a bubble where the focus isn't on writing a good script. It's about making a script that is designed specifically to appeal to producers and execs. It's like the Kevin Smith story about having to put a giant spider in a script because one of the producers thought it was a cool idea. I'm not an MCU guy, I don't fukk with most comic movies in fact. But I'm around enough normal people to understand folks loved these movies...including women. Women are gonna go see a blockbuster film whether it's "female driven" or not as long as it looks good/interesting and has good word of mouth. Whether it's female driven or not. The goal should be to make compelling films that appeal to broad groups of people without feeling phony or forced. If you want women to see Blade...make a good movie. Beef up the horror elements, add some slick action, add a sad love story, throw in a lone wolf and cub trope (maybe he adopts/saves a 12 year old girl) and you have a basic template for a successful film.