Marvel Studios’ BLADE with Mahershala Ali Announced

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
:what: :camby:

I was there opening weekends but y'all talk like it was critically acclaimed like the Lord of the rings or something

But they are successful financially for a smaller-budget movie with Snipes's star power at the time with the first two films. So the general audience dictated the success and not the critics. After that, Marvel/Other Studios tried to release more comic book movie content.

Both franchises were released by the same studio by, New Line, Lord of Rings had a huge budget compared to Blade. Lord of the Rings was an established IP in book form. Blade was essentially an unknown IP, except for some comic fans. Snipes' attachment got the general audience interested in the movies.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I think Marvel is feeling the pressure of making this movie because if it can't get the reception of the OG films, they will have to admit that failure by making the wrong decision to do it without the original actor.

I think they have pressure to not half-ass a movie about a black IP they didn't really give a damn about and likely only greenlit because they wanted to cash in on the actor's 15-minutes of fame.

As far as the Wesley thing... he's a legend but in hindsight i begrudgingly gotta give white people some credit: they care more about the symbolism of their white heroes being consistently represented than they do the specific cracker playing them. Imagine a cac teen waiting 31 years (1992 to 2023) to support a new Batman movie because god forbid any other cac than Keaton play Bruce Wayne, or telling Matt Reeves it's Batfleck or bust.

I care more about seeing a great Blade (or black sup) IP than i do the actor playing him. I don't care if it's Wesley, Ali, or a young up and coming breh. The idea of "just cancel it" but continue pumping out cac superhero movies? Ehh. If the prior rumors are true, then I 100% support Ali puttin foot to neck and telling them "no, get this bullshyt script outta here and do this right."

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Blade doesn’t really fit into the MCU. Add to the fact that Wesley Snipes made 2 classics and will always be considered Blade, this project doesn’t make sense.

Blade should be it’s own self contained trilogy in its own universe. Everything doesn’t have to be connected at this point.

i disagree completely. blade is heavy in the magic side of marvel. get him in that midnight sons series with strange, wanda, man thing, jack russell, moon knight, bloodstone and hopefully brother drumm and have them fight the fallen or mephisto. or the darkhold and cthon. i mean the mcu has barely scratched the magic side of things

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
But they are successful financially for a smaller-budget movie with Snipes's star power at the time with the first two films. So the general audience dictated the success and not the critics. After that, Marvel/Other Studios tried to release more comic book movie content.

Exactly 💯