Marvel Now Has No More Excuses....Give Us WAKANDA

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Marvel went from this...

"As 2013 began, many critics warned of "superhero fatigue," and their predictions of doom, gloom and bursting bubbles persisted... until "Iron Man 3" raked in over a billion dollars worldwide that May. It was followed by "Thor: The Dark World" in November, another film whose box office numbers were pretty stellar on their own.
2014, however, is a new year, and with every new summer blockbuster season comes a series of fresh challenges. Not satisfied to rest on its laurels (Well, there will be some laurel-resting going on; "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" opens in April) Marvel is branching out with Phase 2 of their Cinematic Universe roll-out, which includes new -- and lesser-known -- commodities.
Enter the "Guardians of the Galaxy": Easily the least popular superhero squad to appear on-screen for Marvel thus far, and the strangest, most fantastical concept it's ever tried to thrust into the mainstream.
And, by a wide margin, the biggest risk the Disney-led Marvel film franchise has ever taken. With risk comes the possibility of reward, but also the chance of derailing its juggernaut -- if only for a single film."

Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/is-marve...h-guardians-of-the-galaxy#clte0ytkxk2bHLsJ.99

To This....

"Following its record-setting $94.3 million domestic debut on Aug. 1, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy has posted some of the strongest weekday numbers of 2014, including the #1 non-holiday Monday ($11.7 million) and the #1 Tuesday ($11.9 million) and Wednesday ($8.8 million), for a total domestic gross of $126.8M. It has set industry records for the biggest August Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday as well. This was the 10th Marvel Studios release and its 10th consecutive #1 domestic opening. The film's $92.5 million international tally from 42 territories contributes to a global gross of $219.3 million through August 6.

The momentum of
Guardians of the Galaxy has lifted The Walt Disney Studios to several box office milestones this week. Domestically, Disney moved into second place in domestic market share as of Aug. 6 and will reach $1 billion in box office today. This is the ninth consecutive year and 18th year overall that the studio has reached the $1 billion threshold."

Read more: Guardians of the Galaxy Hits $219 Million at the Global Box Office - ComingSoon.net http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=121601#ixzz39kyer12Y
Follow us: @ComingSoonNet on Twitter | ComingSoon on Facebook

They took a movie starring a ragtag group of D-LIST characters from the comics, including a talking tree and a fukking racc00n, and turned it into the most celebrated blockbuster film of the year. People turning out in DROVES to watch it and enthusiastically singing its praises. And yet, at the apex of their powers, with Hollywood in the palm of their hands they have THIS to say about A possible Black Panther film....

“In terms of Black Panther, it’s absolutely in development,” Feige told BlackTree TV at the Thor: The Dark World press junket in London. “When you have something as rich as Wakanda and his backstory — and clearly Vibranium’s been introduced in the universe already — I don’t know when it will be exactly, but we certainly have plans to bring him to life some day.”

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...tely-in-development-says-marvels-kevin-feige/

Some day:ufdup:

WE WANT BLACK PANTHERN NOW

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Nick Fury is Black.
They gave us War Machine 3 times and we just got Falcon.

No disrespect to Black Panther but fukk Black Panther. I don't get why cats are sweating him so much. I would rather see a Luke Cage movie over BP, why can't Luke Cage get love and attention from y'all??

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Nick Fury is Black.

No disrespect to Black Panther but fukk Black Panther. I don't get why cats are sweating him so much. I would rather see a Luke Cage movie over BP, why can't Luke Cage get love and attention from y'all??
Negged

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nick Fury is Black.

:what: Luke cage has a tv show coming

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nick Fury is Black.

NEGGED

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Nick Fury is Black.

I doubt white people wanna see a Black Panther movie unless its staring some actor like Will Smith that brings with him a built in audience. a vocal minority are clamoring for this but Marvel knows if they put a budget behind it that vocal minority won't be enough to recoup cost. that's why it hasn't happened and likely won't happen. If white audiences don't back it it'll do Red Tails numbers.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
I doubt white people wanna see a Black Panther movie unless its staring some actor like Will Smith that brings with him a built in audience. a vocal minority are clamoring for this but Marvel knows if they put a budget behind it that vocal minority won't be enough to recoup cost. that's why it hasn't happened and likely won't happen. If white audiences don't back it it'll do Red Tails numbers.

Red Tails numbers:snoop:

GOTDAMN..... Niccas better start supporting shyt like 42 and now James Brown movie.

I'm not against a BP movie, let me make that clear!

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Coming this summer...

PANTHER

starring Channing Tatum

Problem solved.:youngsabo:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Red Tails numbers:snoop:

GOTDAMN..... Niccas better start supporting shyt like 42 and now James Brown movie.

I'm not against a BP movie, let me make that clear!
Red Tails almost made back its budget. Came up a few million short. I'm not against a BP movie either I'm just admitting that many "black" films don't so well unless they have actors that bring with them built in audiences and those actors are few and far between now. some of the ensemble ones do well but if its not Sam Jackson, Tyler Perry, Will Smith, Denzel, or any of the major names like that it's probably gonna struggle.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Red Tails almost made back its budget. Came up a few million short. I'm not against a BP movie either I'm just admitting that many "black" films don't so well unless they have actors that bring with them built in audiences and those actors are few and far between now. some of the ensemble ones do well but if its not Sam Jackson, Tyler Perry, Will Smith, Denzel, or any of the major names like that it's probably gonna struggle.

What's scary to me is if the same peeps whining and bytching about a BP movie, if Marvel creates one and changes a few small details ala Ultron Origin or etc and these same cats then refuse to see it or shyt on it and cause to be the lowest selling Marvel movie..... That would be devastating!!

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
Honestly the real problem is that there are not enough minority creators working for the big two companies ......I could care less about white writers writing about black characters.

I want more black writers and artist, please

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I thought you were going to post this:

Fear of a Minority Superhero: Marvel's Obsession with White Guys Saving the World
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...session-with-white-guys-saving-the-world.html

It's a good read. Judging from the title I thought it was going to be some ridiculous white guilt shyt, but it was based of facts.

Didn't even know about this
A good case study for the minority superhero problem is Luke Cage. At one point, before making Pulp Fiction, Quentin Tarantino was toying with the idea of making a Cage film starring Laurence Fishburne, but it never came to fruition. Then in 2004, the same year that Catwoman was released, Marvel green-lit a Luke Cage film with director John Singleton (Boyz n the Hood) at the helm. Cage, an African-American superhero, was first introduced in 1972 at the height of the Blaxploitation craze, and is even the namesake of the actor Nicolas Cage (born Nicolas Coppola). But by 2007, the project was seemingly dead and Singleton claimed race was a factor.

“It's got to have a great script. We have a great script,” said Singleton. “We have a couple of great scripts. It's just a matter of some people have not got it yet. I'm not saying every studio on the board, some people haven't got it that multi-ethnic sells.”

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There is a very easy way to insure people will go watch "Black Panther".

Make it an integral part of this quasi-"Infinity Gauntlet" saga they got going on.

Which is the exact same thing they did with "Guardians Of The Galaxy". People were talking about that movie would flop, I told cats a long ass time ago, as long as it contains Thanos and moves the major story arc, people would show up.

Not saying that's the only reason they did, but Marvel ain't stupid. They know 99.99% of the people watching "GoTG" have no idea who these people are, so they included major plot developments....first dialogue from Thanos, first mention of The Celestials, first time the various MacGuffins from the movies have been called the Infinity Stones, etc.

Make an Infinity Stone pop up in Wakanda, something like that. Or have an alien harboring a stone go there seeking asylum. Put Thanos in a couple scenes, boom. $100 mill opening weekend.

Fred.