Marvel Comics Soft Reboot coming

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
And honestly, whas taking over in korea isnt that relevant, but it IS a reason that nobody is buying the shyt they're pushing like Carol Danvers' abysmally selling Captain Marvel book, and these changes are also why nobody is that into these major cross over events as of late....civil war ii was a fart in the wind compared to 1 or even secret invasion and thats before the marvel media empire exploded.

Comics selling less after more exposure is crazy

When I mention korea and manga (refering to japanese supporting it) and growing US attention to japanese manga and korean webcomics, I'm talking more about their industry. Having fixed story lines, not constantly resetting shyt, and in general authors and publishers showing respect for their fanbases

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Please no more teenage super heroes and female versions of classic heroes marvel. :scust:
Tbh they should have kept the ultimate universe and kept all of that fukkery and stuff over there. It would've been core continuity marvel and used ultimates for more liberty-taking writing

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Im enjoying alot of these new books to be honest

And for whatever reason people STILL be sleeping on Daredevil smh

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Marvel and DC are terrible in managing their comics.
I'm done with both of them now.
The resetting shyt, writing mutants out, writing out people who are historically great because of licensing deals, reboot after reboot, meaningless death after death.

I give up
Rebirth has been dope to me. Wonder Woman is my favorite run so far and I need to finish Deathstroke, Flash, a few others and start Titans. I'm just curious on how The Watchmen come into play. Not feeling X-Men getting shafted as well as Fantastic Four. Got love for RiRi and Danvers can kick rocks. No comment on Black Panther @Ziggiy @Primetime @Realdealholy :stopitslime::hhh:

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Hopefully they don't Capt. America's new uniform that shyt is dope af.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Which ones?

Ive heard spidergwen is shockingly fun

Spider Gwen is cool. Spider man is also cool. Amazing is still interesting but the clone stuff is starting to wear on me. Also renew your vows is awesome. Which makes me wonder what all this reset stuff means for spidey because they've reset his world at least three times in the past 10 years

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Tbh they should have kept the ultimate universe and kept all of that fukkery and stuff over there. It would've been core continuity marvel and used ultimates for more liberty-taking writing
Yeah leave ultimate a clearly seperate universe for that bullshyt.
Earth 616 should be left classic
You can make some many alternate what if shyt under different lines and brands.
Same with DC, people had no problem accepting Earth-1 and Earth-2.
New Earth was cool, if you want new shyt, just introduce stories from a new Earth, no need to do a universe convergence angle and fukk everything up

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Rebirth has been dope to me. Wonder Woman is my favorite run so far and I need to finish Deathstroke, Flash, a few others and start Titans. I'm just curious on how The Watchmen come into play. Not feeling X-Men getting shafted as well as Fantastic Four. Got love for RiRi and Danvers can kick rocks. No comment on Black Panther @Ziggiy @Primetime @Realdealholy :stopitslime::hhh:
Tried to get into Rebirth, but honestly after getting the #1s I thought to myself, why the fukk should i even invest my time in this bullshyt. in 2 - 3 years they'll probably reboot again on some bullshyt.

I've been done with DC, which is my brand, since new 52.
seeing marvel copying, just makes me shake my head

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Which ones?

Ive heard spidergwen is shockingly fun
Havent really got into Spider Gwen but the last issue was cool
I like Totally Awesome Hulk
Champions
Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers Cap
Deadpool and Spidey
Deadpool and the Mercs for $
"The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine" Deadpool
The New Hawkeye
Avengers is still ok. the one with Hercules on the team
trying to get into Karnak
trying to get into Moon Girl
The New Wasp
Ms.Marvel is MY shyt!
Clones Wars Spidey shyt still has my attention
Miles Morales out here lookin for his pops in an alternate universe or some shyt
and I kinda like this weird Monsters Unleashed shyt

all of em aint great
but they keep me entertained when im on break or just chillin around the crib
im just a Marvel head man

BXKingPin82

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Once Waid left the book I lost interest.
i dont know
i like this one with him feeling guilty about Blindspot gettin fukked up by that crazy painter villain

Spider Gwen is cool. Spider man is also cool. Amazing is still interesting but the clone stuff is starting to wear on me. Also renew your vows is awesome. Which makes me wonder what all this reset stuff means for spidey because they've reset his world at least three times in the past 10 years
yeah i like Renew Your Vows too
im trying to like The Prowlers lil tie in to Clone Wars but homie been crawling on the ground for like 3 issues :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Hasn't Marvel been doing soft reboots for the past 5 or so years already?

I guess they were not expecting the backlash they got in sales for some of the decisions to diversify their characters or by burying one of their most popular franchises for silly reasons.

Wonder is this means they are going to make Nick Spencer remove all of the politics from Sam Wilson, Capt. America? Be messed up if they did since that book is pretty good.

The last Secret Wars was a soft reboot

The way Coates has Black Panther set up, it kind of runs in its own world without tie ins. Yes it's still in the main Marvel Universe but Wakanda is isolated enough to have entire sagas set right within the borders that do not effect the wider MU.

This is both good and bad in a sense that a writer can craft whatever Wakanda centric storylines he chooses. The bad is in the fact that Coates is currently dismantling the BP mythos and b*stardizing everything that made T'Challa great. The Dora Millaje are now scorned enemies who speak of T'Challa as if he were raping them throughout his reign (quite the opposite) The People of Wakanda act as if T'Challa has never sacrificed himself for the good of the Nation (Both Priest and Hudlin's stories had him doing JUST that) and T'Challa is a depressed pansy who apparently "never wanted to be King" and admits out loud that he's ill fit to rule.

So unfortunately, with Coates officially signed on to do two more seasons of the BP comic, no "soft reboot" is going to save T'Challa from Coates neutering his legacy

Last edited: