Marvel comic book heads, how are they gonna connect this?

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
That’s true about the time period but it had to be some time recent based on the technology and things like that around them .. and with Thanos wiping out half of everything that wouldn’t had crossed their paths(maybe they touched on this I forgot)
Yeah they addressed some of the issues post Endgame directly in the film. The issue is that you don't want to possibly mix Celestials and Kang, that muddies the waters and takes away from the focal point. Celestials in the comics make Kang look minor AF so you generally want to avoid any crossover there. Kang is the new big threat and everything you do should build on that growing sense of menace, putting him opposite things that can crush him does the opposite.

If anything they might feature a few of them who's conscience pushes them towards helping in the big event while keeping their mythos and world separate.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
yeah
they could even just make them the same except iron man didn't die and captain America didn't retire
I’m not gonna lie that’s such a easy cop out but I feel the MCU needs Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr , they just brought something different to the roles than everybody else other than of course Chadwick

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Yeah they addressed some of the issues post Endgame directly in the film. The issue is that you don't want to possibly mix Celestials and Kang, that muddies the waters and takes away from the focal point. Celestials in the comics make Kang look minor AF so you generally want to avoid any crossover there. Kang is the new big threat and everything you do should build on that growing sense of menace, putting him opposite things that can crush him does the opposite.

If anything they might feature a few of them who's conscience pushes them towards helping in the big event while keeping their mythos and world separate.
Okay so I’m terms of power it’s Celestials > Kang.. but I thought Kang was some great being lol .. if I’m not mistaken haven’t Marvel already mentioned stronger beings or celestial type of beings in the newest Thor movie?

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I’m not gonna lie that’s such a easy cop out but I feel the MCU needs Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr , they just brought something different to the roles than everybody else other than of course Chadwick
yeah true
they might just bring the originals back. they just need a good writer.
I remember RDJ said they're negotiating with him to bring him back but time ran out
now that they pushed the movies back i bet they're calling him again.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
yeah true
they might just bring the originals back. they just need a good writer.
I remember RDJ said they're negotiating with him to bring him back but time ran out
now that they pushed the movies back i bet they're calling him again.
I wish we didn’t know so much inside information like contracts and all that .. takes away from the surprise

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Okay so I’m terms of power it’s Celestials > Kang.. but I thought Kang was some great being lol .. if I’m not mistaken haven’t Marvel already mentioned stronger beings or celestial type of beings in the newest Thor movie?
There's a hierarchy to everything so it doesn't diminish one thing simply by existing unless you start to compare them 1:1. Thor is a tier above say Captain America but people don't lose respect for him as a result, it's the same with this situation. Kang is a threat to reality because of his tech and his mind, he's proven that time and time again.

The Celestials, however, are on a plane of existence that's outside his purview. They don't even exist in the same way he does but just saying that doesn't give you a good way to grasp it. Example: Celestials have dogged out prime Odin and several pantheons of gods with no effort. Now keep in mind Odin alone can snuff out galaxies. Of course as with anything in comics, they adjust their powers with different arcs under different writers as the decades pass but unequivocally across the board on average they're several tiers over Kang.

To be fair, they'd do the same to Thanos and every other villain and hero introduced in the MCU so you can see why I said that they need to keep them away from anything else not Eternals related because it breaks everything.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
There's a hierarchy to everything so it doesn't diminish one thing simply by existing unless you start to compare them 1:1. Thor is a tier above say Captain America but people don't lose respect for him as a result, it's the same with this situation. Kang is a threat to reality because of his tech and his mind, he's proven that time and time again.

The Celestials, however, are on a plane of existence that's outside his purview. They don't even exist in the same way he does but just saying that doesn't give you a good way to grasp it. Example: Celestials have dogged out prime Odin and several pantheons of gods with no effort. Now keep in mind Odin alone can snuff out galaxies. Of course as with anything in comics, they adjust their powers with different arcs under different writers as the decades pass but unequivocally across the board on average they're several tiers over Kang.

To be fair, they'd do the same to Thanos and every other villain and hero introduced in the MCU so you can see why I said that they need to keep them away from anything else not Eternals related because it breaks everything.
Ahh okay I see what your saying appreciate that break down and yeah it would get too messy if they combined everything :salute:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Would be cool if they built up towards a midnight suns movie.
Moon Knight, Blade, Dr Strange, Elsa Bloodstone, man thing, werewolf by night,
These characters have teamed up in the comics before and they're all in the mcu.

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Would be cool if they built up towards a midnight suns movie.
Moon Knight, Blade, Dr Strange, Elsa Bloodstone, man thing, werewolf by night,
These characters have teamed up in the comics before and they're all in the mcu.
Never heard of it gonna have to look it up , who would they be against?

livindajetlife

Superstar
Daps
Usually go up against demonic enemies like Mephisto, or Lillith.
There is a cool story in the comics with Ghost Rider about them. you should check out, called Damnation
basically midnight sons vs the devil

I keep seeing marvel fans talking bout this Mephisto character especially during the Wanda tv show … good looks will check it out