Marvel Cinematic Universe will soon have openly LGBT characters, promises Kevin Feige

GR13

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Out of curiosity, why?
giphy.gif

parallax

Superstar
Daps
My problem comes if they decide to properly start scaling the female characters while leaving males at this current base. I didnt think that was an issue until the Carol is the strongest avenger stuff.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
Out of curiosity, why?
1. Marvel still is a majority Men and young boys fan base, so majority might not see it as much(repeats) or not at all.

2. Majority of women(who will watch these) do not care enough to be casual or hardcore fans.

3. A lot female lead action movies do not receive well from public, so the mcu might get more misses than hits.

4. Marvel currently those not have enough interesting female characters for stand alone film unless if they're legacy characters (She-Hulk and Spider-Woman for example).

Edit:
5. Marvel Comics is currently doing that in they're comics and Marvels sales are bad non of the female characters they're pushing are interesting or likable(in my opinion).

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
1. Marvel still is a majority Men and young boys fan base, so majority might not see it as much(repeats) or not at all.

2. Majority of women(who will watch these) do not care enough to be casual or hardcore fans.

3. A lot female lead action movies do not receive well from public, so the mcu might get more misses than hits.

4. Marvel currently those not have enough interesting female characters for stand alone film unless if they're legacy characters (She-Hulk and Spider-Woman for example).

To the first two points, women still make up a majority of movie buying public homie. Check any stat or figure on the subject and they out number us for any big tent pole movie, even if it’s not by a lot. So marvel would be fine going that route.

As far as number 3 goes, a lot of them aren’t received well because they aren’t good movies. Has nothing to do with the actress and everything to do with quality. Yes, there are the cavemen knuckle dragging type who bemoan any and everything with a woman in it and decry about agendas and feminism run amok, but when those movies are done well, like the kill bill movies, the alien movies, or even atomic blonde, they hit. Some hit bigger than others but they do hit.

And as far as number four goes, that’s for them to figure out. Guardians seemed like a long shot as well. They were told black panther was impossible because movies with black leads and black casts don’t do well overseas. Wonder Woman was going to flop also. You work with what you have and make it dope

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
To the first two points, women still make up a majority of movie buying public homie. Check any stat or figure on the subject and they out number us for any big tent pole movie, even if it’s not by a lot. So marvel would be fine going that route.

As far as number 3 goes, a lot of them aren’t received well because they aren’t good movies. Has nothing to do with the actress and everything to do with quality. Yes, there are the cavemen knuckle dragging type who bemoan any and everything with a woman in it and decry about agendas and feminism run amok, but when those movies are done well, like the kill bill movies, the alien movies, or even atomic blonde, they hit. Some hit bigger than others but they do hit.

And as far as number four goes, that’s for them to figure out. Guardians seemed like a long shot as well. They were told black panther was impossible because movies with black leads and black casts don’t do well overseas. Wonder Woman was going to flop also. You work with what you have and make it dope
I made a update on my post, I have a number 5 reason.

1 and 2. I don't think is majority on comic book movies, and besides still does not mean they're become casual or a hardcore fan. Mostly likely they will see it once and move on.

3. Well yeah that's my point. I'm sure MCU will have a hit female lead (we will see captain marvel is that first) but history shows is That MCU will most likely have more misses that hits when it comes to these all female leads.

4. Lol breh is just gonna be easier to make a C+ male character(regardless of race) a hit than a female one. GOTG, Doctor Strange, and BP does not mean 50%+ female will have the same chance of success. There's not to many females that can be like Star Lord(or the rest of the OTG crew) or a Doctor Strange. And besides GOTG you could tell BP and Doctor Strange was gonna have a success if the comics for a long time.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I made a update on my post, I have a number 5 reason.

1 and 2. I don't think is majority on comic book movies, and besides still does not mean they're become casual or a hardcore fan. Mostly likely they will see it once and move on.

3. Well yeah that's my point. I'm sure MCU will have a hit female lead (we will see captain marvel is that first) but history shows is That MCU will most likely have more misses that hits when it comes to these all female leads.

4. Lol breh is just gonna be easier to make a C+ male character(regardless of race) a hit than a female one. GOTG, Doctor Strange, and BP does not mean 50%+ female will have the same chance of success. :pachaha:

I’m saying the shyt isn’t impossible and to think it is is shortsighted. You gotta start somewhere but to think it can’t be done is a self fulfilling prophecy. Once you serve an audience who’s already in the market by giving them something catered more to them, you get success. I remember when the coli told me oceans 8 would flop only for it to be the biggest opening of any oceans movie. Coli also told me women wouldn’t show up to Wonder Woman only for them to show up in droves and have that movie become a “moment” culturally.

Comics are different than movies breh you know that. The entry way to comics is completely different from movies. One is very niche and that other is for general audiences. Marvel is trying to open the door for more women and minorities to read comics which is different than trying to get them into a theater, which is a whole hell of a lot easier. So for me that’s an apples to oranges comparison.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I’m saying the shyt isn’t impossible and to think it is is shortsighted. You gotta start somewhere but to think it can’t be done is a self fulfilling prophecy. Once you serve an audience who’s already in the market by giving them something catered more to them, you get success. I remember when the coli told me oceans 8 would flop only for it to be the biggest opening of any oceans movie. Coli also told me women wouldn’t show up to Wonder Woman only for them to show up in droves and have that movie become a “moment” culturally.

Comics are different than movies breh you know that. The entry way to comics is completely different from movies. One is very niche and that other is for general audiences. Marvel is trying to open the door for more women and minorities to read comics which is different than trying to get them into a theater, which is a whole hell of a lot easier. So for me that’s an apples to oranges comparison.
I'm not saying a MCU female lead movie is impossible to succeed, I'm saying 50+more female lead movies are impossible to succeed. You saying they're already in the market maybe they prefer to watch more male leads than female ones, hell the mostly likely watch because they find the male actor attractive or charismatic (another reason some females watch these movies). Pushing more than 50% female leads in MCU is taking a big risk on pushing away your male audience. I can't comment on the coli saying female will not see wonder woman but I knew she will make big money if done right and knew both men and women was gonna see that movie because she was already known.

I agree with you on your second paragraph, that one is a different subject but still on same point on Marvel pushing more females on male interest areas.