Married men - what made you want to?

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I met my wife when I was 19 and she was 18. First semester of college. I remember I didn't like her at first and thought she was corny (I still think she's kinda corny). We became friends somehow and have been together ever since. We have a lot of fun together and enjoy spending time together. We got married when I was 23 and have been married for 10 years now.

Neither one of you never got the "itch" to try some one new? With you guys being so young and all.:ohhh:

Losttribe

[Formerly Blackking]
Daps
I read something that stated a man in his 30s was damaging society (women's mentalities and his community ) if he wasn't married in his 30s.

I realized I had the woman of my dreams, I was pushing 30, I had already previously gotten all the p*ssy a man could ever want in college, in military, in amerikka, in Africa, asia, etc... different races and backgrounds and about 50 hoodrats on top of that.

I could have keep running thru worthless women and ruining the Great quality women.... or i could chose my soulmate who understands me better than I do myself and build a real life with her.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I'm single but it's good to see some insightful posts from married and divorced people.:ehh: It's crazy to me that you can meet a person and not think nothing of it at the time and watch 10+ years pass by like its nothing being with them. :ohhh:

4North1Side2

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't, the only reason I relented was because of a big screen TV to understand her feelings. Our relationship was perfectly fine at the time but she kept pressing me to get married. I kept telling her it's stupid, pointless and just a piece of paper. She didn't care, she wanted to make it official. I seen this big screen TV at Best Buy I wanted sooooooooo bad and wouldn't accept a TV any less of it. I remember one day thinking about the TV then thinking about her feelings towards marriage. I finally went :ohhh:, now I know how she feel. Even tho everything is perfectly fine in our relationship (like the current TV we had) they'll always be that piece of her heart that is unhappy because she never got what she wanted. So I asked did she want to get married, she said yes and we went straight to the courthouse. I got my TV a few months later.

I am now divorced and I'll never do it again, no matter how bad a girlfriend wants it, she'll just have to let me go and find someone else to give her that happiness. Them nice tax returns my ex wife gets have me like :snoop: now, should of stuck with my guns of never getting married.

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
I love her from the first day that I saw her. We were married for 12 years but together for 15. My last deployment I caught her cheating on me back in 2013. I tried saving it multiple times, but when a woman doesn't want to be with you, she doesn't want to be with you. I did everything for her, she had to want for anything, i even took care of her parents when they needed. I guess some people are just selfish in their own right.

I'm on the verge of my divorce being complete, and I am glad. I will say that she used sex as a way of controlling me during the divorce. Being completely celibate helped destroy those chains of control and despair. I can see everything that she tries to do in order to manipulate me and can telegraph her next move. It's great being celibate, I won't even lie. It was hard at first, but when she knows that I don't give a fukk anymore and that sex doesn't appeal to me whatosever, it only pisses her off.

My fault, I didn't mean to derail the topic OP. But for those still married, congrats! Always remain faithful, no matter what.

Daps
Money marries money that's how my family has operated through the generations. I however plan on holding out until mid 30's preferably for a 21 year old.