Married men - what made you want to?

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
From a female's perspective marriage makes sense. The One is drummed into you from a young age.

If you are not religious and if to you marriage doesn't have to come before sex, why get married?

Is it simply because she wanted it, you got used to having her around and if you hadn't she'd have left you?

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
one day i realized i was never making up excuses to get away from her, i had all these excuses to be together all the time.

other girls i cared for but alot of times i remember making up excuses to not be around them so heavy.

we still have our alone time...but we are really like each others shadow...and i dont mind at all :yeshrug:

and after 10 years i still dont get bored of dikking her down :ohhh:

neither of us are religious...married for legal purposes

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
@Ms.CuriousCat

together for 9 years and going on 6 years of marriage this year. I think the bruhs above me said it best but i'll add my input. We got so damn well together. I remember the first time we talked and it felt like we were old friends getting reacquainted. Other little factors is that she has a GREAT relationship with her parents, siblings, and close family members. We've always maintained great chemistry, respect for each other, work together, great sex, and we do enjoy each other's company.

Once I realized that the whole "I need to be financially stable before we get married babes" blah blah was just an excuse for me to delay proposing as well as that regardless of what's in the bank account she wasn't going anywhere, I proposed.

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
@Ms.CuriousCat

Once I realized that the whole "I need to be financially stable before we get married babes" blah blah was just an excuse for me to delay proposing as well as that regardless of what's in the bank account she wasn't going anywhere, I proposed.

this....HARD..

i was just starting to stay out of the streets cause i got shot....didnt even have my shyt together yet and no real solid plan for the future, but i knew my futue was with her regardless...the LAST bit of street money i had saved i copped that ring, proposed and she accepted :wow:

we were dead broke renting a row home in the middle of north philly...now we got our own single house in a crime free area :wow:

bae was here when i was just a lost north philly dude :wow: thats my ride or die :blessed:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Crazy parallels with all our stories. I've actually been with my wife for ten years and married for seven as well. Her family was a big draw for me too and is pretty much all I have now that both my parents are gone. I was also in and out of jail, and independent, yet inseparable from her also.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
From a female's perspective marriage makes sense. The One is drummed into you from a young age.

If you are not religious and if to you marriage doesn't have to come before sex, why get married?

Is it simply because she wanted it, you got used to having her around and if you hadn't she'd have left you?

When I WAS married (divorced now) I did it primarily because I truly do believe in a family unit and a stable two-parent household to raise children. I, and my siblings are the products of a mother-father household and I hav seen the differences with my own two eyes of how fortunate I was. Imagine growing up and your father is the ONLY black father in the neighborhood. It completely shaped my perspective having a strong black man in my life.

I HATE the concept of having a "baby momma" who I don't live with and a child who I am not 100% raising. For this, I will eventually get married again.

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
It was pretty obvious that we made a great couple and my mom was on her way out due to cancer. Fortunately, we still make a great couple ten years later :whew:

So you got married earlier than you would have (since you would get married anyway) so your mum could be part of it?

ps Another way that comes across is you had a spot to fill since your mum was leaving. I thought no way he means it that way :jbhmm: Had to ask someone else what else you could mean by your statement, thank God for not jumping to conclusions :whew: I'm telling you just in case someone else reads it like I did and pisses you off. They're not being an ass they just read it wrong :smile:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
one day i realized i was never making up excuses to get away from her, i had all these excuses to be together all the time.

other girls i cared for but alot of times i remember making up excuses to not be around them so heavy.

we still have our alone time...but we are really like each others shadow...and i dont mind at all :yeshrug:

neither of us are religious...married for legal purposes

What is says under your DP and this post don't match.

Congrats

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
@Ms.CuriousCat

together for 9 years and going on 6 years of marriage this year. I think the bruhs above me said it best but i'll add my input. We got so damn well together. I remember the first time we talked and it felt like we were old friends getting reacquainted. Other little factors is that she has a GREAT relationship with her parents, siblings, and close family members. We've always maintained great chemistry, respect for each other, work together, great sex, and we do enjoy each other's company.

Aww that is too cute

And very good point there about needing to be stable... I never thought of it that way

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
So you got married earlier than you would have (since you would get married anyway) so your mum could be part of it?

ps Another way that comes across is you had a spot to fill since your mum was leaving. I thought no way he means it that way :jbhmm: Had to ask someone else what else you could mean by your statement, thank God for not jumping to conclusions :whew: I'm telling you just in case someone else reads it like I did and pisses you off. They're not being an ass they just read it wrong :smile:

We probably would have married around the same time as we had been taking about it prior to her diagnosis, but it definitely put a little pep in our step to pull it off sooner than later once we found out. Overall I'm glad I did because I was definitely a wild card before we got back together (we dated back in highschool eight years prior) and its hard to tell where I'd be right now if it weren't for her as I caught a serious charge while we together which I had nothing to do with. Being married with a child and going to school is probably why I'm not in prison right now.

Last edited:

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
When I WAS married (divorced now) I did it primarily because I truly do believe in a family unit and a stable two-parent household to raise children. I, and my siblings are the products of a mother-father household and I hav seen the differences with my own two eyes of how fortunate I was. Imagine growing up and your father is the ONLY black father in the neighborhood. It completely shaped my perspective having a strong black man in my life.

I HATE the concept of having a "baby momma" who I don't live with and a child who I am not 100% raising. For this, I will eventually get married again.

It's what makes me super cautious about marriage. I don't want to be in a position where I have kids that don't have their dad around them and neither do I want to be in a miserable marriage for the sake of the kids. But hey at the end of the day, we don't control everything right