mark cuban with the realest quote ever. if you a grown man that still hasn't grasp this concept then you are just lost and delusional

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
Don't follow your passion,follow your efforts (i.e things you are actually good at)

There's nothing sadder than a grown man/woman who's an aspiring (insert profession here).

Know your limiations and stick to what you are actually good at, Also in this economy, only rich and priviledged kids can afford to "follow their passion"

for the rest of us passion can be a side hustle,hobbie unless you have the talent/aptitude for it which most people really don't

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
We have a few generations of people who grew up in the participation awards era where you got a prize just for showing up. They are allergic to criticism and call it hate. So they have no realistic way of ever addressing short comings. Everything they don't want to hear is hate. They think being good or bad at something is subjective like it can't be defined.

They won't get this crucial message.

JuvenileHell

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree but the real sweet spot is being passionate about what you're good at. That is the spirit about both perspectives.
I agree though I guess it's because I was lucky enough to be passionate about something that I'm good at (programming) that I can't imagine someone being into something that they're trash at for too long before just giving up. Constantly improving and reaping the rewards play a big part in keeping that fire alive.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I always tell people the best advice I never took was, "Don't do what you love, do what you are good at. " My high school art teacher gave me this advice during my senior year. I didn't fully understand the advice until I was a grown ass man. I constantly tell it to young people willing to listen. I also do a better job explaining it to them, than my teacher did for me.
:mjcry:

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
We have a few generations of people who grew up in the participation awards era where you got a prize just for showing up. They are allergic to criticism and call it hate. So they have no realistic way of ever addressing short comings. Everything they don't want to hear is hate. They think being good or bad at something is subjective like it can't be defined.

They won't get this crucial message.
That no kid left behind was a long con........ them mufukkas are diabolically evil...........I have seen the products of these charter schools and that shyt should be illegal

Richard Glidewell

Superstar
Daps
You can be good at your passion...
Absolutely, the thing is, soaking from my experience, most people never truly know what they are passionate about because they don't get the exposure to activities outside of a few things. Without that they settle on the few things they are familiar with and it becomes the defacto dream.