Mark Cuban Believes The NBA Would Have Embraced Colin Kaepernick's Anthem Protest

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The first NFL preseason game has started, and Colin Kaepernick still finds himself without a spot on an NFL roster.

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who has defended Kaepernick’s anthem protest in the past, again spoke out against the NFL in an interview with the Washington Post.

He believes that Kaepernick would not be experiencing the same problems had he been a player in the NBA.

Cuban said via the Post:

“I don’t know what his status is in the NFL, but I’m glad the NBA doesn’t have a politician litmus test for our players,” Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban said. “I’d like to think we encourage our players to exercise their constitutional rights.”

It’s true that the NBA rarely discourages social activism. Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James made powerful statements for social change during last year’s ESPYS. In 2014, NBA players — including LeBron and Kyrie Irving — wore “I Can’t Breathe” shirts during warmups to support Eric Garner and his family. Garner died after being put in a chokehold by a police officer. Three years later, Department of Justice prosecutors are still investigating Garner’s death.

But to Cuban’s point, Kaepernick’s anthem protest would have drawn a fine in the NBAhad the league enforced its rule requiring players to stand during the anthem. Silver also said last year that standing during the anthem would be “the appropriate thing to do.” Silver has also urged players to visit Donald Trump’s White House if invited.

https://www.google.com/amp/ftw.usat...test-nfl-nba-ravens-mavericks-adam-silver/amp

Freddie.Cane

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
305 Canes, Dolphins, and Heat
@Malta walking in the thread like

TXinvn4.gif

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and the 'full of shyt' award goes to: mark cuban......cause he's full of shyt with this...the nba has a rule stating players have to stand for the anthem, so kaep wouldve been fined/suspended after the first couple games he tried this.....act like chris jackson doesnt exist....

SchoolboyC

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
and the 'full of shyt' award goes to: mark cuban......cause he's full of shyt with this...the nba has a rule stating players have to stand for the anthem, so kaep wouldve been fined/suspended after the first couple games he tried this.....act like chris jackson doesnt exist....

It was also against the rules for players to wear the I Can't Breathe shirts instead of their warm ups, but the NBA never punished anyone:yeshrug: