Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, 2022

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Being super lazy. Bought it. Instead of driving 10 minutes to go get it, I'm gonna have them deliver it in an hour or 2.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Enjoying it so far. The only thing bad is the overflow of info and the fact that I haven't found one reason to use different characters. You can just finish the game with Luigi and Rabbid peach lol

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
fukking target bro. I place the order and chill for the 1hr delivery.

Didnt check the app to see this

free image hosting no sign up

Literally got the bag

sike-disappointed.gif

6xs4mk.gif

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Enjoying it so far. The only thing bad is the overflow of info and the fact that I haven't found one reason to use different characters. You can just finish the game with Luigi and Rabbid peach lol

I 100%'d the first one and dlc multiple times. It was that fun and interesting to me.

This one is the same but better. It's because I know/knew how to navigate the first one so well that this one is working so well. There's still a time and place for the other characters. I find if you use them right the game is easier however you can choose whoever you want and just grind and bruise through, that's a fun way to play as well.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
NGL im kinda disappointed in this game brehs :francis:

I feel like they low key ‘ubi’d it’, added too much unnecessary shyt where they didn’t need to. Opening the overworld maps up doesn’t really add anything to the game other than tedium. The more linear and nicer looking kingdom battle maps were so much more cohesive and fun to explore. I loved the feeling of everything being properly connected and feeling like part of the level. I also liked how they had distinct mario aesthetics and not just bland ice level, beach level, etc.

I also feel like they are doing the paper mario thing by taking out more of the rpg mechanics over time. I hate how you have no reason to upgrade your guns anymore. Theres no reason to even visit the shops outside of getting mushrooms and map keys.

The things I do like is the freedom to pick party members, and not have to keep mario and a rabbid in. The downside is they made mario and rabbid peach OP so a lot of times you are still using them anyway.

The original KB is like a 9/10 for me, this game is feeling like maybe a 7/10 to the point where I dont even want to finish it. The story is far less engaging also

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
NGL im kinda disappointed in this game brehs :francis:

I feel like they low key ‘ubi’d it’, added too much unnecessary shyt where they didn’t need to. Opening the overworld maps up doesn’t really add anything to the game other than tedium. The more linear and nicer looking kingdom battle maps were so much more cohesive and fun to explore. I loved the feeling of everything being properly connected and feeling like part of the level. I also liked how they had distinct mario aesthetics and not just bland ice level, beach level, etc.

I also feel like they are doing the paper mario thing by taking out more of the rpg mechanics over time. I hate how you have no reason to upgrade your guns anymore. Theres no reason to even visit the shops outside of getting mushrooms and map keys.

The things I do like is the freedom to pick party members, and not have to keep mario and a rabbid in. The downside is they made mario and rabbid peach OP so a lot of times you are still using them anyway.

The original KB is like a 9/10 for me, this game is feeling like maybe a 7/10 to the point where I dont even want to finish it. The story is far less engaging also
I just finished it and you're 100% right.
They just made the game a lot more repetitive.
Rabbid Mario was useless to me, due to having too many long range enemies.
I played mostly with Mario, Rabbid Peach and Bowser/Rabbid Rosalina (her paralysis ability is great).

The Sparks are an OP game mechanic.

7.5/10 for me.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just finished it and you're 100 percent right.
They just made the game more reptitive.
Rabbid Mario was useless to me due to too many long range weapons.
Just played mostly with Mario, Rabbid Peach and Bowser/Rabbid Rosalina (her paralysis is great).

The Sparks are an OP gane mechanic.

7.5/10 for me.

Yeah, I really tried but I can’t get into it. I think threw in the towel slightly after I recruited Rabbid Rosalina, her move is really good though. I think i got to another annoying puzzle and just decided I had enough.

They went too hard with dumbing down the strategy mechanics. Honestly found Mario rabbid kind of OP if you upgrade his movement. Once he gets that magnet-like ability he can just solo the entire board

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
Yeah, I really tried but I can’t get into it. I think threw in the towel slightly after I recruited Rabbid Rosalina, her move is really good though. I think i got to another annoying puzzle and just decided I had enough.

They went too hard with dumbing down the strategy mechanics. Honestly found Mario rabbid kind of OP if you upgrade his movement. Once he gets that magnet-like ability he can just solo the entire board
I recommend you get bsck to it after a rest...3 dlcs make it a meaty ass game.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I recommend you get bsck to it after a rest...3 dlcs make it a meaty ass game.

How much game did I have left? I may power through it

Another thing is i feel like the enemy variety kind of sucks. For some reason I expected a lot more different enemy types but we still got the same brute rabbids, and then a bunch of spell type rabbids and snipers.

Uncle Baby Billy

All Star
Daps
How much game did I have left? I may power through it

Another thing is i feel like the enemy variety kind of sucks. For some reason I expected a lot more different enemy types but we still got the same brute rabbids, and then a bunch of spell type rabbids and snipers.
Yeah. The variety is just that.
The game has 5 worlds and 1 final boss.
Took me 45 hours to finish the story and 90% percent of total activities.