Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wave 6 courses releasing November 9, 2023)

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
This game in infuriating. I'm too good for 100cc but at 150cc it's almost as if all the CPU players target me specifically. I almost always get inked in the last lap when it counts and I'm getting pelted with items from the CPU racers.
Having an option to turn off Blue Shells would be nice. It's almost like you want to stay in 2nd until the very end cause how ridiculous it gets on 150cc when you have a lead
Having basically mastered the Wii U version, the only way to get 1st with 10 coins in 150cc+ is if you stay in 1st for most of the race and don't fukk up once (catching a green shell, slipping on a banana, falling off the edge) besides the unavoidable red and blue shells. If you have a nice lead in front (with the right vehicle and wheels), not even blue/red shells and lightning bolts right before the finish will stop you from winning.

The CPU in MK8 always knows when :ufdup:. Make sure you master all them turns and shortcuts on each track in 100cc first.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Having basically mastered the Wii U version. The only way to get 1st with 10 coins in 150cc+ is if you stay in 1st for most of the race and don't fukk up once (catching a green shell, slipping on a banana, falling off the edge) besides the unavoidable red and blue shells. If you have a nice lead in front (with the right vehicle and wheels), not even blue/red shells and thunder bolts right before the finish will stop you from winning.

The CPU in MK8 always knows when :ufdup:. Make sure you master all them turns and shortcuts on each track in 100cc first.
Yeah I watched some videos online and people mostly front run the whole race. Once you fall into the middle of the pack you're almost doomed not to get first and if you don't maintain enough of a lead the same problem applies. My problem is I get to first but don't maintain enough separation so the people behind me hit me and suddenly I'm in 4th of 5th and finishing 2nd or 3rd usually.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Man, I was happy just getting 3rd or 4th in these online races, but catching that first place. I was so damn shook. I had to check to see who was behind me the whole 3rd lap and hold on to my red and green shell like my life was about to end. :mjcry: my first and only first place victory so far in online races.

C-r98_HUAAA3A4U.jpg:large

I'm doing a bit better overall in battle mode. The only mode I don't like too much is the bomb rush one. :mjlol: shyt's just too crazy. feel like that one can be enjoyed more with less people.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
http://nintendonewsfix.com/best-mario-kart-8-combinations/

Mario Kart 8 Vehicle Set Up Tips: Fastest Kart, Tire, Glider Combination Revealed! [VIDEO]

Mario Kart 8 200cc Guide: How to Make the Best Character Kart Combos
In Mario Kart 8, the Acceleration stat notably rises in tiers. Instead of each point in Acceleration counting towards your actual acceleration rate, only every full bar of acceleration counts. Even if you have 3.75 bars of Acceleration, you gain speed as if you had only 3 bars of Acceleration.

For that reason, any extra points in the Acceleration stat is essentially wasted and should be allocated somewhere else. You should always gear towards having only full bars Acceleration. Your choice of tires and glider should be based on this stat.

In single-player GP, use lightweights and focus on acceleration. The rubber-banding AI means your top speed does not matter--they go at around the same speed you do when they're behind.

Online, you'll want to focus more on top speed.

Last edited:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aight I got it. We need to all get something like BBM (where we can create a group) or kik, whatsapp then we can ping or Holla at each other when someone wants to set up a room or tournament or even race one on one. The coli is cool but logging into to check alerts ain't the wave

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
1493591603852_zps9gn8eug6.jpg
I created a group called #switchset

Whether android or ios you can download BBM and join this group. Then we can text, Holla at each other in real time when we want to play and not have to share phone numbers or emails.

You can scan the code with a reader from your laptop or download the app and send me your pin and I can add you to the group, once you are added you can add other ppl.

Last edited: