Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wave 6 courses releasing November 9, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
"If people wanted MK8 why wouldn't they just buy a Wii U????"

Nintendo knew what they were doing.
I'll keep it real. I beat Zelda and had nothing else to play on the device. If the current lineup was better I wouldn't have bought this because I already have it on the Wii U. I just bought it because it's a decent game to pass the downtime at work and I didn't wanna play Zelda anymore after finishing the main story.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll keep it real. I beat Zelda and had nothing else to play on the device. If the current lineup was better I wouldn't have bought this because I already have it on the Wii U. I just bought it because it's a decent game to pass the downtime at work and I didn't wanna play Zelda anymore after finishing the main story.
I still hardly played Zelda(I just got to Hateno Village for the locked mementos quest.) I just bought this for the hell of it. Honestly i'm not even that much of a fan of this Mario Kart for some reason it just doesn't click for me most of the time. Feels like the game is just playing itself.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I still hardly played Zelda(I just got to Hateno Village for the locked mementos quest.) I just bought this for the hell of it. Honestly i'm not even that much of a fan of this Mario Kart for some reason it just doesn't click for me most of the time. Feels like the game is just playing itself.

Have you turned off the steering automations?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The auto steering is turned on by default. You have to pause the game and turn it off or the game probably is playing itself.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The auto steering is turned on by default. You have to pause the game and turn it off or the game probably is playing itself.
I turned it off first thing last night. Idk it just feels like the racing is shallow at times. :yeshrug: Maybe I'm not in the mood to play MK..

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I turned it off first thing last night. Idk it just feels like the racing is shallow at times. :yeshrug: Maybe I'm not in the mood to play MK..
the whole game is maintaining power slides while not going off track. to me that's to the determent of the fun factor because most time is spent trying to keep a slide going long over anything else. the game is probably more fun playing with amateurs that don't care about that stuff.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
the whole game is maintaining power slides while not going off track. to me that's to the determent of the fun factor because most time is spent trying to keep a slide going long over anything else. the game is probably more fun playing with amateurs that don't care about that stuff.
does that assist or auto steering turn back on by default? I had it off last night but went to check now and I had to turn it off again. Weird.

Yeah I know how to play it. It's just idk.

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
:whoo:Almost impossible to play some of these dlc tracks in 200cc without smart steering on.

That auto accelerate option can:camby:though.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
is there a tournament mode, or a mode where someone can create a room/lobby and invite the people they want?

Don't know tbh. I think Nintendo is hosting one thou.

SW 2947-0148-6982

I'll add what I see in this thread. Let me know what y'all doing. :wow: bout to hit up online battle mode right quick thou to see how hyped it is.