Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wave 6 courses releasing November 9, 2023)

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This worth it if I know damn near no one else with a switch? In other words is it worth $60 for single player?
all DLC, all tracks, all karts, all characters are unlocked so yeah

I have it for wii u with no dlc so none of the new maps and characters which are included. I did want to race as link as well as try out the new levels. I know a couple of local cats with the switch but we aren't going to meet up locally and game.

If anything I might just play with Coli members online. Idk.....im having a hard time justifying it but I'll probably cave.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I have it for wii u with no dlc so none of the new maps and characters which are included. I did want to race as link as well as try out the new levels. I know a couple of local cats with the switch but we aren't going to meet up locally and game.

If anything I might just play with Coli members online. Idk.....im having a hard time justifying it but I'll probably cave.
I'm only buying it cause they brought Battle Mode back. Racing is no longer a priority. I only fukked with SNES Mario Kart and didn't care about the ones after. Battle Mode is bringing it back to its roots.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
New to Mario Kart is smart steering and auto accelerate which makes it easy for noobs to play. Racing purist should turn it off. But yes even your grandma or 9 month old can compete. Game Xplain went through 3 races before they won a race without even touching the controller.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The game is live right now through the JP E-Shop. it's $52 if you buy it off there(From Amazon.JP which gives you a code you can redeem.) It's only a $1 extra than the Physical version from Bestbuy with GCU for me.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
The game is live right now through the JP E-Shop. it's $52 if you buy it off there(From Amazon.JP which gives you a code you can redeem.) It's only a $1 extra than the Physical version from Bestbuy with GCU for me.
Also live in the Australian E Shop

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Finally a review on the wheel accessory

I have these ones sitting next to me right now. If motion plays well, I'll pick up the nintendo licensed model and do a comparison.
game-accessories-racing-game-steering-wheel.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Switch review

There's also the option to play Mario Kart 8 with Nintendo's new steering wheel add-ons, which don't really look like much at first glance. They're a fraction of the size of the ones designed for the Wii or Wii U, and require you to slot in a Joy-Con to use them. Despite their diminutive size, they're a delight to use - precise, thanks to the improved motion sensitivity in those new-fangled Joy-Con, and with pleasingly chunky bumpers on the back which feel much easier to tap or hold down than the tiny buttons on the Joy-Con themselves. While they're not an essential part of the Mario Kart 8 experience, we'd still recommend picking up a couple, especially as you get two steering wheels in a box, meaning both you and a friend can compete on an equal footing.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
The steering wheels work really well are might even be mandatory for those with larger hands. The motion controls can be overrode on the fly simply by using the joystick, making it so that the steering wheel basically just makes the control bigger and easier to hold. The flat wheels that I bought are cool, but since they're so small the flat part of the bottom may make it harder to hold for those with larger hands. The shoulder buttons feel good, but I'll pick up a set of nintendo branded ones to compare tomorrow, because I saw an online reviewer saying that the shoulders on them needed to be modified to shorten the press of them. game is dope so far.

TheGregReaper

#HeatNation #SouthernCalUSC #LiverpoolFC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WATTS & Inglewood Southern Kalifornia
I ordered this shyt from Amazon and its on its way but decided I want Digital instead and I'll just return it after it gets here.

I got this shyt downloading now...whats y'all friend codes? I need some friends on this bish :wow: