Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Wave 6 courses releasing November 9, 2023)

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm trash at this game. I can't do a Rainbow Road without falling off the track. Cost me a triple star rating on 150cc cause I had 3 1st place finishes and a 12th place.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
How come I see some players when they get hit by a shell they don't lose much speed if any at all...what are they doing? :jbhmm:

That shyt date back to the original MK8. I'm not sure if it has something to do with worldwide. For example, in Splatoon, I would clearly dodge a sniper shot, but next thing I know I got sniped like it was some weird ass Xfiles type lag.

I hope once the sub fee kicks in, that they for sure fix the connection issues, this is an absolute no no, for something you gonna be charging for.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I'm trash at this game. I can't do a Rainbow Road without falling off the track. Cost me a triple star rating on 150cc cause I had 3 1st place finishes and a 12th place.

Try a different kart setup. I try to keep my acceleration at at least 3 bars and run with a somewhat heavy character for a little extra top speed. Try Morton, with a standard kart and standard tires. Not the most exciting setup but has very neutral handling and good stats across the board.

I'm trash too, don't worry about it. I can stay on the track, but my defense WOAT and I'm always finishing at the bottom.

Last edited:

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I need to practice more with tight drifting near guard rails and corner gaps. I successfully out maneuvered a red shell while in first by turning nearing a guard rail and having the red shell hit it. Unfortunately I still ended up in 3rd because 2 racers chose a faster route than I did.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
These blue shells are some BULLshyt

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif
One of the worst inventions in gaming. Some hater at the back launches it and all it does is change the dynamic at the front of things far away from them. You end up having to hold onto items to counter it but the items that counter it for the most part don't work as well of other things or you get forced to waste them on red shells.

It's pretty much random punishment for skilled players.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
One of the worst inventions in gaming. Some hater at the back launches it and all it does is change the dynamic at the front of things far away from them. You end up having to hold onto items to counter it but the items that counter it for the most part don't work as well of other things or you get forced to waste them on red shells.

It's pretty much random punishment for skilled players.
At least u can turn em off in multi/online

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Guinness World Records listed six records set by the Mario Kart series, including "First Console Kart Racing Game", "Best Selling Racing Game" and "Longest Running Kart Racing Franchise." Guinness World Recordsranked the original Super Mario Kartnumber 1 on the list of top 50 console games of all time based on initial impact and lasting legacy.[13]