Mansa Musa biopic in the works...

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Listen no one is trying to say by blacks watching these film that we will become awake, start a revolution and destroy white supremacy. NO! That is NONSENSE. The point is that films like this will help decreases black insecurity(especially for those who do not study history) and CHALLENGE black inferiority and white superiority. Its a tiny step but a good step. At least it will grab more blacks to become aware of our achievements. That is the point...

How could they not be more woke by watching a film about the life of Mansa Musa? The fact that Musa even came to the throne is a story in it and of it self. Musa's brother, Abubakari II, abdicated the throne of Mali to set sail for the Americas. It is largely believed that the Mali fleets set foot in America in the early 1300's, which is almost 200 years before Columbus. How can a Black person not be woke after reading that?

Mansa Abubakari II, The 'Voyager King' - Africa's Greatest Explorer
Abu Bakr II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1068950.stm

Btw, Columbus is even believed to have seen Mosques in Cuba during his exploration.

Did Columbus Find an Ancient Mosque in Cuba?
So Muslims beat Columbus to America? They had better get in line

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Somebody bump that thread were mfs was calling these nikkas gay because of a picture :mjlol:now yall cool wit em...
th

S/O to ryan tho:salute:

Mike gone get shytted on because of his white girl obsession :troll:

nikkas ain't gone see this movie in droves just like BON, it will allegedly flop & nikkas will blame black women because of it:coffee:

#JustMyThought

It's only a matter of time before #nikkasAintshyt twitter starts the smeer campaign.
:mjcry:

Pretty much

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
How could they not be more woke by watching a film about the life of Mansa Musa? The fact that Musa even came to the throne is a story in it and of it self. Musa's brother, Abubakari II, abdicated the throne of Mali to set sail for the Americas. It is largely believed that the Mali fleets set foot in America in the early 1300's, which is almost 200 years before Columbus. How can a Black person not be woke after reading that?

Btw, Columbus is even believed to have seen Mosques in Cuba during his exploration.

Damn :dwillhuh:...wasn't aware of this.....yall right, this whole effort might get sabotaged :francis:.....that's why Black Hollywood and Nollywood need to link up.....it's one thing to say Mansa Musa was Puffy, Dre, Master P, and Jay x 100 combined in one man, but to say his sibling was taking Uber rides to the Americas before Columbus....and make it a major motion picture
full
.... would have the local library and public school curriculum like :damn:..

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
How could they not be more wo
ke by watching a film about the life of Mansa Musa? The fact that Musa even came to the throne is a story in it and of it self. Musa's brother, Abubakari II, abdicated the throne of Mali to set sail for the Americas. It is largely believed that the Mali fleets set foot in America in the early 1300's, which is almost 200 years before Columbus. How can a Black person not be woke after reading that?

Woke? As in black insecurity/inferiority slowly disappearing and challenging the idea that white history is superior? Agreed.

But woke as in blacks starting some revolution and destroying white supremacy? Doubt it.

Anyways I remember making a thread on this.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/for-...w-world-before-columbus.438788/#post-19667898

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Woke? As in black insecurity/inferiority slowly disappearing and challenging the idea that white history is superior? Agreed.

But woke as in blacks starting some revolution and destroying white supremacy? Doubt it.

Anyways I remember making a thread on this.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/for-...w-world-before-columbus.438788/#post-19667898

I think that they will be woke as in destroying White supremacy. They will finally have self worth based upon their ancestors achievements. Rather than thinking that your ancestors had no civilization and customs; you will begin to realize that they were more advanced than the Europeans that have claimed that you never had a history.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
It was said(and I even agree) that the movie 300 had a very strong racial undertone meant to reinvent the white Spartans as masculine and powerful and the Persians as effeminate and weak to a point that many Iranians tried calling the film to be banned.

It worked because it was successful in reinventing the Greeks as manly which was not really seen before and many whites after seeing the movie became more proud of their roots and saw the West as superior than the Greeks. The movie was meant to demonize Iranians/non-whites and grab non-historian whites(who were never interested in history) on how badass their ancient people were. Basically banging in whites heads FURTHER that they are superior. And it worked!

Listen no one is trying to say by blacks watching these film that we will become awake, start a revolution and destroy white supremacy. NO! That is NONSENSE. The point is that films like this will help decreases black insecurity(especially for those who do not study history) and CHALLENGE black inferiority and white superiority. Its a tiny step but a good step. At least it will grab more blacks to become aware of our achievements. That is the point...

I think the bulk of this is a reach...

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
That wasn't even my main point. The main point was that the film was propaganda to further emphasis on white history being superior.

You think the movie 300 needed to be made for that? If so, its their least effective weapon while we have some ovvervaluing entertainment.

TELL ME YA CHEESIN FAM?

I walk around a little edgy already
Daps
Reppin
The H
I know all there's to know about African history

I'm not supporting these c00ns just to be entertained

What's next? Taye diggs playing Huey P?

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
You think the movie 300 needed to be made for that? If so, its their least effective weapon while we have some ovvervaluing entertainment.

No one said 300 was NEEDED. But it was a slice in a big pie among many other films. The average person does not like history. Films are made to be "dramatic" enough to grab those majority who do not like history and a film like 300 works. Entertainment makes it much easier to resonate with them.

TV and Films have been proven to work as good propaganda tools. Like I keep saying its a small step.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
No one said 300 was NEEDED. But it was a slice in a big pie among many other films. The average person does not like history. Films are made to be "dramatic" enough to grab those majority who do not like history and a film like 300 works. Entertainment makes it much easier to resonate with them.

TV and Films have been proven to work as good propaganda tools. Like I keep saying its a small step.

We just have to disagree here.