Management At My Job Laying My Friends Off

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have no idea...

This is the official plan..

They're not going to technically lay her off. What they're going to do is to create a new position Internal Records Manager. They're going to have her and another lady who is there interview for the position. Whoever gets it stays and whoever doesn't is out of a job. However, they already know who they're hiring.

I want to tell her to transfer out to a different department.

:snoop: Man that's cactastic (and I hate the word cac).

I change my vote. Tell her.

HookersandIceCream

#TeamOrange
Daps
Reppin
Wherever whores go.....
why is the corporate world so fakkitry?

this is why I don't feel sorrow when I hear stories about dudes near the empire state building bussing off shots on their former employers

yal make people do that shyt, shorty probably got kids and got a mouth to feed but u fukking cacs and house nikkas don't care about that shyt

:manny:

best believe if u fired me (threadstarter) you better start taking the backdoor to work nikka, I'm gunning for u b :yes:

You are by far the worst poster on here

Neg on site status

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
I'm 100% sure she would tell me. That's where the dilemma is.

There is no dilemma. You're just a fakkit

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
Wow... yeah after learning that they're gonna make her interview for a position they already plan to give to someone else you should tell her... & tell her to keep it on the hush because you're risking your position looking out for her...

They're playing her dirty though... :to:

director_of_bands

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
qc NC
She's 66.

:wow: a lot of these companies are phasing out 60+ year olds no matter how qualified...then they proceed to hire the young talent and just pay them less than what the 60yr has been making...the company also classifies them as higher health care risks as well...corporate america... :scusthov::pacspit:

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
A story like this reminds why I am disgusted with corporate America. After hearing that plan about interviewing for a new position I would tell her.

Daps
This sounds grimy but I probably wouldn't tell her. She might give you the heads up if you were in her position but there's no way of knowing. I wouldn't want to risk my own livelihood unnecessarily. Sad situation all around.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Sad situation indeed. I definitely don't want to be in a position where I need a job at 66..I'm trying to retire way before that.Get started on those savings early brehs..

T'Kuvma Da Unforgettable

My Wallabies attract bowlegged b1tches
Daps
My job is safe because it's written in the grant contract and it stands alone. What's happening is that when there are people with the same title (ie Administrative Supervisor), they keep one and lay off the rest to stay within the budget.

They basically feel her job is unnecessary (which is probably true at this point), but she only has another 4 years to retire. They need to just let her ride that out.

:huhldup: