Management At My Job Laying My Friends Off

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
No doubt you earned your position, but this is the story of a lot of women in corporate America. Glass ceiling. Now she's about to get fired. Damn....:sadcam:

My current supervisor is a woman (white) and she is the one who initiated this layoff.

My old supervisor (black woman) really didn't have to do much because she was protected by our old senior manager who retired a couple of weeks ago.

Now that my new supervisor has been promoted to senior manager, they're trying to shake it up. There's about 15 people on the chopping block. She wants to get all of his people out because she feels that they are unproductive. I switched over 2 years ago so I'm not considered one of his "old people"

I feel like I have a loyalty to them tho. I feel like Slim Charles in the Wire, rolling with Prop Joe, but still holding down my Barksdale people.

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
Would you expect her to tell you? Your answer to that question should tell you what you should do.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Don't tell her.

How's the severance?

I have no idea...

This is the official plan..

They're not going to technically lay her off. What they're going to do is to create a new position Internal Records Manager. They're going to have her and another lady who is there interview for the position. Whoever gets it stays and whoever doesn't is out of a job. However, they already know who they're hiring.

I want to tell her to transfer out to a different department.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Would you expect her to tell you? Your answer to that question should tell you what you should do.

I'm 100% sure she would tell me. That's where the dilemma is.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
4 Years till retirement? How old is she?

If she really is a "good" friend I'd consider telling her but if she will bring drama to the work place to fight it and tell the rest of those working there it may not look to good for the rest of your days there.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
4 Years till retirement? How old is she?

If she really is a "good" friend I'd consider telling her but if she will bring drama to the work place to fight it and tell the rest of those working there it may not look to good for your rest of your days there.

She's 66.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
She's 66.

Sounds like you're a boss, just tell her so she can plan accordingly. But tell her also to keep her mouth shut on how she found out if anything. You don't want to be the office snitch.

TheBigBopper

Banned
Daps
I'd do the right thing if I were you. It's only right to give her a heads up so she can start her job search ASAP.

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
She's 66.

Tell her, at her age, she needs the heads up, especially if she has helped you out so much.

Hopefully her savings are in order, 66 years old, aint no one gonna be hiring her anytime soon, unfortunately.

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
If they're trying to avoid her getting unemployment benefits than tell her.

If she creates ruckus let her be, just be sure she won't drop your name.

When my mom was layed off, there was a few in management who knew and told a couple of folks to change their status to part time in order to avoid the axe. My mom was heated.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y

Sampson

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Leave a note like this.

ransom-note-generator.php

Leave no prints. Use gloves. Thank me later.

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wouldn't say a word. Just keep that information to yourself, especially since you don't even have a concrete date as to when things are going to happen.

This.

Stay out of it. If she starts running her mouth, :ufdup:.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Sounds like you're a boss, just tell her so she can plan accordingly. But tell her also to keep her mouth shut on how she found out if anything. You don't want to be the office snitch.

I'm not a boss, I'm just apart of the management team. I'm privy to all decisions albeit I don't have any influence on them.

Basically, there's a new regime taking over and I'm fortunate to be in good with them, but all of my old people aren't so lucky. Management sees this as an opportunity to get rid of all the people who weren't effective, yet untouchable under previous management.

She's the only one I'm concerned about. Everybody else on the chopping block just had to get laid off.

• Dap
Reactions: x2y