Management At My Job Laying My Friends Off

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
If you're apart of the management team at your job and you know that management was going to make a move to lay off one of your friends who is not management (due to downsizing), would you inform your friend that this is going to happen. Would it give hints? Or would you just stay out of it?

Me and this friend have been working together for 10+ years and she actually hired me and was my supervisor for my first 6 years there. In time, I got promotions and eventually surpassed her, although I'm not her supervisor, I am higher in rank. She helped me get these promotions tho.

This decision was made on Friday and is supposed to take place in the upcoming weeks. Not sure how to play this one. I could lose my credibility with the management team if I reveal secrets, but I can lose a friend if I don't tell her what they plan to do.

:to:

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you're apart of the management team at your job and you know that management was going to make a move to lay off one of your friends who is not management (due to downsizing), would you inform your friend that this is going to happen. Would it give hints? Or would you just stay out of it?

Me and this friend have been working together for 10+ years and she actually hired me and was my supervisor for my first 6 years there. In time, I got promotions and eventually surpassed her, although I'm not her supervisor, I am higher in rank. She helped me get these promotions tho.

This decision was made on Friday and is supposed to take place in the upcoming weeks. Not sure how to play this one. I could lose my credibility with the management team if I reveal secrets, but I can lose a friend if I don't tell her what they plan to do.

thats a tough one. throw hints. but not at the work place. invite her out or something.

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus

Careful... you could be next... :ufdup:

And are they a talker? They can't keep secrets? :why:

If not... keep it to yourself breh & if she finds out or even thinks you knew about it & didn't tell her play stupid... it's your only move... :ld:

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
why is the corporate world so fakkitry?

this is why I don't feel sorrow when I hear stories about dudes near the empire state building bussing off shots on their former employers

yal make people do that shyt, shorty probably got kids and got a mouth to feed but u fukking cacs and house nikkas don't care about that shyt

:manny:

best believe if u fired me (threadstarter) you better start taking the backdoor to work nikka, I'm gunning for u b :yes:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Careful... you could be next... :ufdup:

And are they a talker? They can't keep secrets? :why:

If not... keep it to yourself breh & if she finds out or even thinks you knew about it & didn't tell her play stupid... it's your only move... :ld:

My job is safe because it's written in the grant contract and it stands alone. What's happening is that when there are people with the same title (ie Administrative Supervisor), they keep one and lay off the rest to stay within the budget.

They basically feel her job is unnecessary (which is probably true at this point), but she only has another 4 years to retire. They need to just let her ride that out.

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps

this is why I don't feel sorrow when I hear stories about dudes near the empire state building bussing off shots on their former employers

There's no loyalty in the workplace.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
That's a tough break for her. I don't see the problem with telling her, unless she's going to haul off and make a scene before she's laid off. If she's professional and knows the game, I doubt that would happen.

Either way you have to protect yourself. If you even think it jeopardizes your position, you'll just have to lose that friendship :birdman:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
If you trust her like that, then tell her and let her know not to say shyt. That way she can brace herself and start looking for another gig, in the meanwhile you should try to argue in her favor to your higher ups. Just talk about the merits of keeping your friend around or at least get her transferred to another location if possible.

Soundbwoy

Accept to take the L
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
you should do it outside of the workplace and see were she s at drop hits if she can take it tell her the truth so she can prepare herself

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

yal make people do that shyt, shorty probably got kids and got a mouth to feed but u fukking cacs and house nikkas don't care about that shyt

best believe if u fired me (threadstarter) you better start taking the backdoor to work nikka, I'm gunning for u b :yes:

yea cuz the ppl who usually end up gettin hit dont have kids n a mouth to feed either

fukk outta here. if this is u bein righteous then :snoop:

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldn't say a word. Just keep that information to yourself, especially since you don't even have a concrete date as to when things are going to happen.

Wondah_Woman

Rookie
Daps

No doubt you earned your position, but this is the story of a lot of women in corporate America. Glass ceiling. Now she's about to get fired. Damn....:sadcam: