Man, X-Box Is Really Killing It Out Here Saleswise...

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Honestly I don't know what Microsoft can do to be the best console to play on. Even if they buy all these studios they have a track record of not being able to fully utilize them. The problem is they like to play shyt too safe when it comes to gaming. That's why Sony always has the upper hand. They never buy the old talent or studios. They always buy new studios with fresh ideas. Sony is more than capable with bungie to come with a competitor to Call of Duty once the Activision deal goes through. Even thought Call of duty will probably still be on Sony consoles for a few more years, I think they definitely will try and make an attempt to compete with the COD franchise.
I agree with most of this post, but I don't think Microsoft plays it too safe. In the AA space they took a lot of risk with stuff like grounded, Pentiment, Hi-Fi Rush, MS flight simulator, and a few others. I guess you can say in AAA space they don't take enough risk except for Forza Horizon series, but the series plays it safe these days.

I agree that Sony earned the reputation of handling Bungie better than Microsoft would, but we still have to see how Sony handles a live service game since they're unproven in that regard. However, if they fund Bungie and let them do their thing they should make a GaaS hit

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
I agree with most of this post, but I don't think Microsoft plays it too safe. In the AA space they took a lot of risk with stuff like grounded, Pentiment, Hi-Fi Rush, MS flight simulator, and a few others. I guess you can say in AAA space they don't take enough risk except for Forza Horizon series, but the series plays it safe these days.

I agree that Sony earned the reputation of handling Bungie better than Microsoft would, but we still have to see how Sony handles a live service game since they're unproven in that regard. However, if they fund Bungie and let them do their thing they should make a GaaS hit
MS games just don't have that pizzazz breh :francis:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
What happened to that Ryse game?

That could've been a God of War type franchise for them.

What about Dead Rising?

Microsoft just stopped making these games for the Series X which was dumb

Dead Rising was mad fun to play I don't know what the hell Microsoft is doin

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because shyt is not making any sense... they literally spent billions to acquire two juggernaut game studios and yet we've seen not one strong game out the gate from them with it. PLUS let us not forget they already had a ton of game studios developing games to them with tons of devs and huge amounts of money at their fingers and yet they dont have any games that blows sony out the water that moves xbox's or shut down the internet... its mind boggling to alot of us...:gucci:
Facts like this generation for them has been all about acquiring developers and publishers and not been about releasing games. We been should have heared about a Gears coming down the pipeline after they dropped Halo infinite like what the fukk are they doing. Can they not multitask buying publishers and drop games with the studios they have currently. Am I missing something.

Maybe the Series 2 or whatever the fukk they call their next console will reap the benefits of all this. Because clearly this seems like another lost console gen for them.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Facts like this generation for them has been all about acquiring developers and publishers and not been about releasing games. We been should have heared about a Gears coming down the pipeline after they dropped Halo infinite like what the fukk are they doing. Can they not multitask buying publishers and drop games with the studios they have currently. Am I missing something.

Maybe the Series 2 or whatever the fukk they call their next console will reap the benefits of all this. Because clearly this seems like another lost console gen for them.

And just imagine what they’d have coming out this year without buying zenimax