Man with the Iron Fists - Written/Directed/Starring RZA

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
https://twitter.com/RZA/status/259359520181084160

Pretty much a lock that this movie makes its money back. Happy for Rza

I hope its a muthafukkin hit man.. to put it in perspective, the first blade film w/ wesley cost 45 million to make and basically tripled that amount at the box office, 135 mill. The kill bill movies were a combined 55 million to make and each did like 150+ mill box office.

At a 15-20 million dollar budget? shiiiiit if it could somehow sniff that 100 milly mark... wishful thinking i know... but if so RZA would be set as far as directing not just a sequel (prob wouldn't need to gross nearly as much for that) but bigger project ideas with better budgets

Stress Welker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I hope its a muthafukkin hit man.. to put it in perspective, the first blade film w/ wesley cost 45 million to make and basically tripled that amount at the box office, 135 mill. The kill bill movies were a combined 55 million to make and each did like 150+ mill box office.

At a 15-20 million dollar budget? shiiiiit if it could somehow sniff that 100 milly mark... wishful thinking i know... but if so RZA would be set as far as directing not just a sequel (prob wouldn't need to gross nearly as much for that) but bigger project ideas with better budgets

He is set to direct a movie based on the comic Happy. Sounds wild.

RZA Set To Direct Grant Morrison's HAPPY

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

but it depends on how many screens it hits, but i have hope for this..the marketing with the soundtrack and its attachments to the project alone is strong!

the rough edit screening pleased the big heads..is that good or bad thing for the kung fu heads such as myself?
I was and will pray it has some decent fight scenes inspired by the classics and contemporary flicks.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
He is set to direct a movie based on the comic Happy. Sounds wild.

RZA Set To Direct Grant Morrison's HAPPY

Yea, thats def cool he gets to direct morrison's book. More so tho, i'm hopin he'll get to write and direct more of his own original story ideas, like he did with iron fist in which he co-wrote it.

but its good that he continues to build good relationships and get them opportunities.

but it depends on how many screens it hits, but i have hope for this..the marketing with the soundtrack and its attachments to the project alone is strong!

the rough edit screening pleased the big heads..is that good or bad thing for the kung fu heads such as myself?
I was and will pray it has some decent fight scenes inspired by the classics and contemporary flicks.
yea you right about the number of theatres.. i've been seeing more and more of the trailer on tv, so i'm hopeful that universial wasn't on that bullshyt and it'll hit a respectable number of theatres domestically and overseas.

i'm hopeful about the fight scenes too... the trailer itself attempts to show off the stylistic aspects of the film, which is understandable, but i hope we do see some nice tributes to the old school... and that crowe and batista's character aren't :trash: when it comes to the action entertainment value.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Yea, thats def cool he gets to direct morrison's book. More so tho, i'm hopin he'll get to write and direct more of his own original story ideas, like he did with iron fist in which he co-wrote it.

but its good that he continues to build good relationships and get them opportunities.

yea you right about the number of theatres.. i've been seeing more and more of the trailer on tv, so i'm hopeful that universial wasn't on that bullshyt and it'll hit a respectable number of theatres domestically and overseas.

i'm hopeful about the fight scenes too... the trailer itself attempts to show off the stylistic aspects of the film, which is understandable, but i hope we do see some nice tributes to the old school... and that crowe and batista's character aren't :trash: when it comes to the action entertainment value.

the film has some legends involved..beardy aka Leung Kar Yan and Gordan Liu.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
also heard byron mann does his thing acting wise in this also i read in a review from someone who saw early footage of it, that hes like a cross between Prince, jareth from labrynth and michael jackson in this one

killacal

Banned
Daps
So he went from a bunch of cameos to starring directing and writing his own film? :huh:

How did this happen?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Terrentino putting a black man on :leostare:
nah, didn't you know, tarantino is racist. thats the only reason he is making Django and its the only reason he said ****** in Pulp fiction.

Tarantino said that RZA is the only person he has ever met that knows more about Kung Fu movies than he does.