Man... What went wrong with Street Fighter X Tekken??

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It got bad publicity, plain and simple. So everything after that got hated on.

Gems were announced and the fgc was like:francis:

We get to play it and initially the damage was way to low because people just did chain combo's into tags, so matches were time out fest.

They buff the damage announce DLC characters and then soeone finds out the most of the character is already on the disk and even hacked it to play some of the "dlc" characters early.

The game at that point was actually legit, but gems and the whole dlc fiasco had already buried it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It's been out 3 years breh. How could you overlook this :dwillhuh:
IDK.

I remember when it as announced, and I guess I never thought of it again.

Not really a huge fighting game fan, but I was interested based of its unique premiss.

I thought this thread was gonna be asking why the game still hasn't come out yet.:wow:

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
IDK.

I remember when it as announced, and I guess I never thought of it again.

Not really a huge fighting game fan, but I was interested based of its unique premiss.

I thought this thread was gonna be asking why the game still hasn't come out yet.:wow:
:mjlol:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
The default timer was far too short. resulting in time wins every other match and this ruined zoning/neutral game :francis:

Pandora system was borderline useless :francis:

Gems sucked :francis:

DLC bs :francis:

Game had like 2/3 outfits for each character that was clearly on disc already :francis:

Rolling :francis:

Netcode was pretty solid on there in my opinion, but the timer being as short as it was a major issue and really ruined the game.

edit: forgot about the console exclusive characters. so dumb. :francis:

All of this, cept the netcode wasn't that solid. It was moderately servicable, but that sound sync fukk up online made it seem even worse than it was and there was often plenty of rollback issues. Besides the Gems (absolute shyt addition to the game) and time outs tho, I actually really liked the game for a while, but it did kinda come of as a grittier (not in a good way, akin to a bootleg copy) version of SFIV with Tekken characters added on and whatnot.

naw

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
aBbz0jm.gif

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Still my favorite Capcom fighting game post Dreamcast era.

Ver 2013 is pretty damn fantastic but the gem system and dlc controversy fukked this game up.

Its interesting in that you can see how some of the ques from here were used in Street Fighter 5 gameplay wise.