Man of Steel Steel (2013) Let’s settle this. Was it great or not?

How would you rate Superman?

• Great

Votes: 46 70.8%
  • Mid

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jshani

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Col, GA
It was a solid movie

:wow: the goat...

:ufdup:

christopher-reeve-superman.gif

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem with questions like this is you’re asking people who are mainly comic book fans/casual moviegoers and not movie fans if this was a good movie. More than likely if you like Superman seeing this shift in character and just the somewhat gritty aesthetic, will have you saying it’s top 5 ever, goat Superman movie, etc, etc.

You pretty much covered it in your OP, the pacing all over the place, the story was not well fleshed out especially the background of Superman. It was very run of the mill, surface level of how Clark became Supes, nothing of real substance.

As a Superman film it’s a different take but nothing really special. Every time you hear people say it’s great the reasoning is because he’s not happy & super positive….that doesn’t make it a good movie lol.

Also there was no emotional connection to the character. Great action scenes but action doesn’t equal to a good film.
:gucci:

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I used to DESPISE IT.

But the I RE-WATCHED it and could see what Snyder was trying to do and which was M Night’s Unbreakable but with Superman.

It is the ONLY watchable Superman movie.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
As a non Superman movie: it was good :ehh:

As a Superman movie: it was trash :scust:

God Of Art

TheColi's Favorite Artist
Daps
Reppin
Port City Louisiana Cooper Road
its the best superman movie to me so far, flaws and all

i get why people would prefer the happy go lucky, american boy scout kansas boy superman more

but i always thought it would make more sense for an alien orphan/refugee to feel isolated/alienated on earth, at least in the beginning before he cultivates his optimism ... him letting so much collateral damage happen was OD tho lol

jon kent's portrayal and his relationship with clark in this wasnt good at all imo

but the themes, fight scenes, etc was all dope in this
That was on some Michael Bay shyt. But let's be honest...if Superman was real he would be fighting global threats of the intergalactic sorts, I doubt the shyt would be fine when he down neutralizing the threat lol

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
its the best superman movie to me so far, flaws and all

i get why people would prefer the happy go lucky, american boy scout kansas boy superman more

but i always thought it would make more sense for an alien orphan/refugee to feel isolated/alienated on earth, at least in the beginning before he cultivates his optimism ... him letting so much collateral damage happen was OD tho lol

jon kent's portrayal and his relationship with clark in this wasnt good at all imo

but the themes, fight scenes, etc was all dope in this
I think it's understandable because it was his first time and he was up against a military veteran who would intentionally try to cause as much damage as possible

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
It's alright. I've seen it three times I think and I like it a little bit more every time I see it. But the scenes with Pa Kent will always be bad.

There's no option for just "good" in the poll, so I'm not voting lol

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
I'm not a huge Superman fan. My extent of Superman fandom goes back to the animated series and my aunt letting my brother and me stay up late to watch Lois and Clark. :blessed:

When I watched it I thought it was aight.

chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

I'd give it ⭐⭐1/2. I think it's that caliber of movie: good but shy of being very good. Go to TV guide and sure enough:

Screenshot-20230723-131720.png

Also that plot summary is not getting me to watch the movie. Oh, our would be superhero finds that he has to become a hero to save the ones he loves from a "dire threat." How generic is that? "Dire threat." :mjtf: That's every f****** superhero movie in existence.