Man kills co-worker who stole his lunch from work fridge and gets 100 years

Hannibal Fox

Eetwidomayloh
Daps
Reppin
Death To Spookism
Googled and they worked at Target.

Working these low wage jobs are dangerous man.

The less requirements needed to be in an environment, the more chances of fukkery to happen in it.

Not only do you deal with the general public that always got weirdos and crazies, you also work with them.

If you gotta work at Walmart, Target, Amazon warehouses, fast food joints, retail shops, etc. always stay on point and keep your distance from most people there because most of them ain’t worth getting to know

Make your bread so you can pay your bills but always keep striving for more.

As a former retail manager I agree with all of this

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Context/Details:

Man receives a 100-year sentence for murdering coworker over a stolen lunch at their workplace in Virginia.

In Fairfax County, 25-year-old Bazn Berhe was sentenced for the 2021 murder of 58-year-old Hernan Leiva, a fellow employee at the Baileys Crossroads Target. Berhe, driven by anger over the theft, meticulously planned the murder over several days.

After discovering his lunch was taken by Leiva, a janitor at Target, on April 14, 2021, Berhe purchased a hammer and two knives the following day. He spent April 16 "training for the murder." On April 17, Berhe waited for Leiva in the employee parking lot and brutally attacked him upon his arrival, stabbing and bludgeoning him to death before fleeing.

Berhe confessed to the crime immediately and pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in October 2023. At his sentencing, prosecutors emphasized Berhe's threat to harm others if not given a severe sentence.

Commonwealth's Attorney Steve Descano remarked on the unnecessary and tragic nature of the crime, underscoring the profound loss and grief for Leiva's family and community. Bazn Berhe received the 100-year sentence with 30 years suspended, so he will serve 70 years of active incarceration.

I provide context and detailed explanations under posts. If you enjoy the insights and would like to keep receiving them, please consider following. Your support means everything to me!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
100 years is wild even with 30 suspended.

Just this morning I heard a story of a (white) contractor who was sentenced to 15 years for killing a client of his after she got into an argument with him

Okay, these happened in different countries (UK vs USA) and one was clearly premeditated but still the difference in sentencing is absolutely wild

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
100 years is wild even with 30 suspended.

Just this morning I heard a story of a (white) contractor who was sentenced to 15 years for killing a client of his after she got into an argument with him

Okay, these happened in different countries (UK vs USA) and one was clearly premeditated but still the difference in sentencing is absolutely wild

He's East African, thats why..we know what this is :pachaha:

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
full

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
erhe, who is from Ethiopia, said he was in a “state of absolute anger” before the killing because he was having trouble with immigration authorities. When he realized that he would not be able to legally stay in the United States, Berhe said, he became enraged. Three days before the killing, Leiva, a janitor at Target, ate Berhe’s lunch out of the office refrigerator, which made him mad. The next day, Berhe purchased the hammer and two knives and began “training for the murder,” officials said