Man, it doesnt get any fukking better than the Wire

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
bought the boxset,only a hundred bucks.

Best show ever made,watched it seven times and still notice new things. Its insane the amount of foreshadowing it has. Seemingly throwaway lines brought into focus later.

You have to watch it multiple times to fully grasp the brilliance of the writing. BB does not compare, the writing has little depth and doesnt hold up on repeated viewings.

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
marlo and his team were about to be massacred if it wasnt for stringer snitching. They were literally tooling up to dead him.

And Marlo was exposed with a little muscle.........

Marlo was so humbled in that beef that in future seasons he tried to do whatever to court Slim Charles over to his side, because deep down he knew that Slim Charles alone put that hurting on him and his crew and had them at the edge of the cliff, little did Marlo know Slim had the drop on him

SN: Slim always had the drop on Marlo too when the Co-op was scared of Marlo and wondering where and how he was disappearing people Slim went ahead and told them Marlo was storing them in vacants, the shows way of letting it be know that Slim still was scoping Marlo and his muscle, he just didnt want to pop off with them p*ssy ass Co-op dudes, the idea of popping Marlo was abandoned when Bodie(who some people dont realize was Stringer underboss) a nikka who was known to buss his gun and fight for his corner refused to join the co-op

I have a different pov of shyt because I literally watched the seasons over and over, I could write a novel on the wire:blessed:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
marlo and his team were about to be massacred if it wasnt for stringer snitching. They were literally tooling up to dead him.

:wtb: you nikkas have that warm feeling for the Barksdale crew

but the reality was their time was over

Stringer had the knowhow to elevate but Avon was on that old played out shyt and that is what fukked them up

if Avon would have listened to Stringer they would have kept them streets brah

and Omar stayed robbing barksdale people and them nikkas had to get that other OVERTHETOP unbelievable nikka Brother Mouzone:wtb: who was just one fukking man---

OMAR AND BROTHER MOUZONE were just to fake for me--- the rest of the show was fire

Yogi

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 2 diminishes the status of the Wire for me. That's why I give the edge to the Sopranos.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
the thing i didnt like about the wire was Omar

they made that nikka damm near untouchable
shyt was too fake for me

aint no shyt like that would ever happen in real life now
dude was robbing the whole city and shyt
solo or with 3 other people at the most
gtfoh

i felt that way too but he was based on a real life person so i let that pass.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
nah bodie was not an underboss, string liked him and he potentially could have been but shamrock was clearly strings underboss,hence why he delegated tasks to him ie. the burner receipts.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
Never understood the Season 2 hate from people..Even though I know it stems from the fact that the show shifted to focusing on more white characters :comeon:

The first few episodes started slow..but starting from episode 6 (when D gets murked) through the end of the season..the season was fire. The best writing and dialogue of the series IMO and it set the foundation for seasons 3-5. The only dudes I couldn't stand was Ziggy and Nick...but the Greeks were cold as hell

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
nah bodie was not an underboss, string liked him and he potentially could have been but shamrock was clearly strings underboss,hence why he delegated tasks to him ie. the burner receipts.
Yeah, Bodie was just a mid-level crew chief while with the Barksdales...Which is why Colvin set up a meet with him and other West Side Dealers about Hamsterdam..But Shamrock really lost most of his clout when Avon came home..

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Stringer had the knowhow to elevate but Avon was on that old played out shyt and that is what fukked them up

and Omar stayed robbing barksdale people and them nikkas had to get that other OVERTHETOP unbelievable nikka Brother Mouzone:wtb: who was just one fukking man---

OMAR AND BROTHER MOUZONE were just to fake for me--- the rest of the show was fire

meh. I aint watch season three in years but If you ask me Stringer let his ego get the best of him. He had a taste of the leadership and didnt wanna regress back to #2 . Obviously we could all see that Stringer had the right idea of how to handle the future...but above all if he wasnt a snake, Avon's crew coulda came back. It mighta been a lot of bloodshed but nonetheless.

Random fact, yall know Wale and Partlow are related?They look like each other too.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Season 2 diminishes the status of the Wire for me. That's why I give the edge to the Sopranos.

season two is incredible the people who hate season two watch the show for the wrong reasons. Frank was one of the best characters in the entire show. Frank>>>one dimensional marlo.

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Never understood the Season 2 hate from people..Even though I know it stems from the fact that the show shifted to focusing on more white characters :comeon:

The first few episodes started slow..but starting from episode 6 (when D gets murked) through the end of the season..the season was fire. The best writing and dialogue of the series IMO and it set the foundation for seasons 3-5. The only dudes I couldn't stand was Ziggy and Nick...but the Greeks were cold as hell

Yeah, I started from the beginning at the end of last year. You are absolutely correct, season two did start really slowly and I didn't really become interested until that library scene.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Real shyt. Season two gave additional insight into important or new characters too. At first I skipped it after 1 or 2 episodes. but my second time around i dug it. It isnt better than any other season but it deserves respect in its own right and is better than 99.5% of tv today. Ziggy was the only negative to me

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane

yo i can never fukk with The Sopranos again:huhldup:

i bought the complete series along with the wire and alot of other shows
for about $40 a show

(the afghans got all American shows bootleged and in great quality here)

after watching the whole series about 4 times
i cant fukk with the way they shyt on Black people
shyt is overly racist

it may be realistic but i cant stomach that shyt anymore

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset

No they wouldnt have the Barksdale wasnt owning the street, as long as Joe had the connect and was running the co-op, he had control over all them nikkas, he talk the brotherhood mess, but when people started doing they own, he started grandstanding and threaten to take his connect, the connect at that point was key, and Marlo scoped that about Joe, something Stringer couldnt do and Avon warned him about. Stringer was simply a pond for joe and joe brainwashing over him got him popped

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
yo i can never fukk with The Sopranos again:huhldup:

i bought the complete series along with the wire and alot of other shows
for about $40 a show

(the afghans got all American shows bootleged and in great quality here)

after watching the whole series about 4 times
i cant fukk with the way they shyt on Black people
shyt is overly racist

it may be realistic but i cant stomach that shyt anymore
Tony fainting when he opens the cabinet and see some uncle bens rice, thats some Havoc type fukkery right there:pachaha: