Man calls out the Black Community for attending weddings and not properly compensating the Bride and Groom

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
You’re supposed to give an envelope of money at a wedding, or buy something off the registry. A lot of couples are doing honeymoon registries with travel agencies, and guests can contribute online to the honeymoon cost.

We didn’t have a big wedding because our families weren’t in a good place at the time, but now she’s talking about having a reception to make up for it. I’m not for it, but if it makes her happy, I’ll pay for it, because it’s taking longer than anticipated for her to get pregnant.

:francis:
Make sure her waist and legs stay propped up for a few minutes, gotta let the eggs soak a little :mjgrin:
I was a slight deviant before The Coli :whoa:

Daps
Make sure her waist and legs stay propped up for a few minutes, gotta let the eggs soak a little :mjgrin:
I was a slight deviant before The Coli :whoa:
She has a prolactinoma. It’s a pituitary thing. We have to wait for her prolactin level to go down, and the hormones to balance out. The meds are supposed to help.

:hubie:

But I’ve been checked. My swimmers are swimmin.

:mjlit:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I purposely didn't invite people I knew wouldn't slide us anyyhing. nikkas will show up to eat your food, drink your liquor, then roll out. A lot will show up late to miss the wedding so they can skip straight to the reception.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
She has a prolactinoma. It’s a pituitary thing. We have to wait for her prolactin level to go down, and the hormones to balance out. The meds are supposed to help.

:hubie:

But I’ve been checked. My swimmers are swimmin.

:mjlit:

Interesting, never heard of this :ohhh:

Good to know, she better not complain when she tells you it's all clear and you take her in the doctor's office :lolbron:

"Get them stirrups ready while I'm workin :mjgrin:"

#BOTHSIDES

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
The Chi

People do collections at weddings?

Comes across as tacky to me.

Pay to go to a wedding? :mjlol:
I used to think but then I learned that it’s common for many cultures to give money for accomplishments and sicknesses… it’s seen as helping the family. —weddings, sick in the hospital, funerals, baby showers, etc.

I think it’s great.

USMaroon

Pro
Daps
First of all who got the intel on who collected what amount at their wedding? So yeah, fake shyt and attention seeking BS but doesnt mean its not a real conversation

When I got married back in 2005, we paid 140/pp and had 120 guests, adults only. Paid over $19k for the reception all inclusive. At the end of the night, we received total gifts of less than $6000. A good 50 of the guests were people from my wife's church. Some people gave checks that bounced, some gave envelopes with $20 and some couples gave $50. It was ridiculous. My former boss (couple) who I was chilled with gave us $500. The people with bounced checks never even attempted to make good on their "gifts". Yeah mofo's be sheisty as shyt

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
MAN IM NOT PAYING FOR YOUR WEDDING. IF YOU WANT ME TO PAY FOR FOOD, COOL. JUST LET ME KNOW UP FRONT. DON'T SPRING THAT ON ME AT THE WEDDING.
Nobody is coming to you with an offering bowl.

It's just considered appropriate behavior.

Graduations, baby showers and wedding; bring a card with something tangible in it.

To not is uncouth.