Man calls out the Black Community for attending weddings and not properly compensating the Bride and Groom

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
People do collections at weddings?

Comes across as tacky to me.
Have you never been to a wedding? It’s called a wishing well, some people don’t do registries and ask for gifts, you just bring a card with money. In fact, most people just giving money these days given how late people get married and the fact that couples live together before marriage, they don’t need a ton of stuff to build a household together.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
Seriously :mjgrin:

I swear if u attend the wedding u r supposed to gift the couple of honor

Who gets cheap on that don't you want to be remembered from that day?

Stay your broke ass home and decline the invite :martin:

Umoja

Veteran
Daps
Have you never been to a wedding? It’s called a wishing well, some people don’t do registries and ask for gifts, you just bring a card with money. In fact, most people just giving money these days given how late people get married and the fact that couples live together before marriage, they don’t need a ton of stuff to build a household together.
Yes, which is why I'm finding it odd.

Daps
You’re supposed to give an envelope of money at a wedding, or buy something off the registry. A lot of couples are doing honeymoon registries with travel agencies, and guests can contribute online to the honeymoon cost.

We didn’t have a big wedding because our families weren’t in a good place at the time, but now she’s talking about having a reception to make up for it. I’m not for it, but if it makes her happy, I’ll pay for it, because it’s taking longer than anticipated for her to get pregnant.

:francis:

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
That’s why you should know the institution and legacy you are marrying into :sas2:

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Couples passing around an offering plate at their wedding and have the audacity to call other people broke
It's not a plate, it's just expected that you slide a card with a chunk of money in it into the congratulation pile.

If that video is true, and most of those people were couples, a card with $75-100 in cash/check form per couple(132) would've came up to $13k.

Maybe it's not everything but it'd go a ways towards getting them back in the black.

If $75-100 is gonna break you when it comes to celebrating a milestone event then idk what to tell you.

Weddings and graduations, slide a card with something in it. At least $50 barest of minimums.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
If you worried about gifts and money at your wedding :russ:
Your marriage about to fail-fail
Instead of pocket watching
Worry about the retention of black marriages
Or black marriages surviving with no divorce
The same folks getting extravagant gifts
Be the main ones divorced in a year