Malcolm x checks a black man talking that black and brown in the 1960's

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I was literally saying to myself yesterday Malcolm was no puppet he really cared about black folk! Mlk actually was a controlled puppet for some time
He wasn't a puppet, just had different views. It wasn't until LBJ made the Great Society bill that made MLK Jr rethink his stategy with the black community. He was killed before he could make real changes.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of the same racists and racist systems are still alive from his era today.
Most of them are foundational to American industrial/corporate/political culture.

Let that sink in.

We have not progressed as much as we think we have.

White supremacy is a system and virtually possible to dismantle. The reason we are still so confused and divided is because some of us are fighting to be "comfortable" and others are trying to fight the system. One goes with the flow of traffic and the other goes against it. Neither fight is wrong, but I feel only one is actually feasible.

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
And not a single black man or woman can go on national television and speak like this today. Not because of conservatives or Republicans, but because of “liberals” and Democrats who’ve absorbed black America into a cult of intersectionalism that exploits our suffering to feed the needs of every aggrieved “minority” in America but us.

If a black man spoke like this on “liberal” networks
Like CNN and MSNBC, he’d be criticized for being divisive and labeled “hotep,” asked to never show his face in their studios again.

:unimpressed:
Uhhh... no.

It’s because of both Republicans and Democrats. Will their reactions be different sure... but white people, conservative or liberal, hate/fear that kind of talk. Liberals will say it’s discriminatory and hateful and conservatives will say these ideologies are dangerous against the preservation of the country as they know it.