Making Excuses For Skipping College Class Appreciation

Shugg84

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baton Rouge, Boosieana
Systems Engineering. Final GPA was 2.089 :whew:. Currently working as VP of Engineering at a fortune 500 company :mj:.

Did they even care about your GPA during interviews? What school did you go to? Did you get hooked up with the job i.e. know someone at the company? Did you have a job within a month of graduating?

swimmingpools

strawberry bubblegum
Daps
I skipped a lot freshman year only because I could. I go to all my classes (attendance policy or not) and sit right in the front too. :troll:

pbconnect

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
GTA
My excuse was always....."I might miss out on the blunt session and besides the T.A. puts class notes online...I'll catch up later"

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they even care about your GPA during interviews? What school did you go to? Did you get hooked up with the job i.e. know someone at the company? Did you have a job within a month of graduating?

No to all that shyt.

I basically got lucky. After graduating I was unemployed for about 3 months. I took an $11.00/hr job at a small local print and mail company doing Foxpro programming. It just so happens that the primary mortgage fulfillment system used by Countrywide was a dinosaur, which also was written in Foxpro. In 2004, they moved all of their IT and Engineering folks from CA out to AZ to save money on taxes. Since Foxpro was so dated, they had a hard time finding people to support their software. They found my resume on Monster.com and recruited me. Supply and demand being what it is, I was basically able to name my salary (I asked for $50k at the time). Then I just spent the last 8 years working my ass off and have been getting promoted every couple years or so.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I aint gone lie though...college sapped me of my "want" if you will, to actually learn...shyt is so dumb how many unimportant classes they make you take.

yea if u break down what ur payin per class itll have you like
uncle-murda-puke-o.gif
real quick

Erdos

Rookie
Daps

I don't work in IT but when I graduated about 3 years ago lots of jobs were asking for my transcript and some of my grades were :flabbynsick: